Help! Had a rough weekend --- need motivation.

Options
I lost 13 pounds and I know that it doesn't seem like much but to me it is. This past week I have had a lot of things going on in school especially since I am graduating. I have not hit the gym all week and then from Friday through Today I have had a major event and have not been counting calories as well as I should be.

Friday was not so bad.

Saturday was the main party and I went over sugars by almost 200 -- lots of sweets and I just could not control myself :(

Today I ate a lot also because I feel that I am used to all the food I have been eating the past week.

This week I may not be able to hit the gym either because again, school and outside activities that don't give me time to do it. Tomorrow will be a very formal day because it is not a weekend so I have a pre-fixed lunch and breakfast.

With the summer coming up, I am getting really nervous that I will just give up because if this weekend is any sign of what to come when I don't have a normal day then I will gain all the weight back-- and then some.

Have any of you ever dealt with this and can you please tell me what to do. Thanks so much

Replies

• wwhite94
    wwhite94 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Don't think about the week just think about the day you are on. Be concious of what you eat and drink pleaty of water. If you can't make the gym spenk a little time just walking or jogging if you into it. You have to make some time for you and your health. Events will always come and go you only get one life take it slow and easy. You can do it. Just think before you eat " Do I really need this or am I just eating it because it's here?" Then make your choice after you answer that question.
  • workinprogress12_2
    workinprogress12_2 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    "Alright son, step away from the sweets!".....Don't let a couple of days throw you completely of course. If this is a fad for you then maybe you shouldn't worry. But you are reaching out for support, so you know your decisions are less than perfect. Make this exciting time in your life even better by knowing you did all you could to make the best choices considering that you are not in perfect situations. Don't overwhelm yourself and take each event one at a time. There will always be a reason to give yourself an excuse, so stay stronger than that. And make each opportunity be a chance to know you did your best. Congrats in the weight loss and congrats on graduating.
  • kjb0976
    kjb0976 Posts: 68
    Options
    We all have those bad days/bad weekends. You have to pick yourself back up and realize tomorrow is a new day. Take one day at a time. Try to make healthy choices if you are eating out and plan out your meals as much as you can. Weekends are the toughest for me since I am always trying to avoid eating out for entertainment.

Hang in there! YOU CAN DO THIS!!
  • jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I saw a really great quote on here today. I'll paraphrase: "If you really want it, you will find the time. If you don't, you will find an excuse."

You had a rough weekend. Let it go and move forward with purpose. I hear you already setting out roadblocks for yourself. Focus on what you can do to get around them instead. Plan your day in advance. Pre-select and pack healthy foods. You've already come so far...don't give up now!
  • Aileen46
    Aileen46 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I generally have 1 cheat day a week and can easily go over my calories by 1500!! But the rest of the week is back to normal and I usually have calories left over. If you can try something like that, you'll continue to lose weight and not have guilt!! :)

Keep on working at it!
  • jeanniebaker
    Options
    Remember you don't lose weight in a day--you lose it over lots of days put together. It's okay that sometimes you get off track, that's life :) In order to meet your goals though, you have to get back on track as soon as possible. DON'T GIVE UP! You can do it. One bad week over the course of the rest of your life just doesn't matter. The past is past, just let it go and start again today. Even if you can't go to the gym this week, you can get in exercise. Walk everywhere you can. Park your car far away and walk, take the stairs, etc. Every little bit helps. I crave sweets too-never salty things, but man I could eat sweets all day long! The thing I've found that helps is to eat my main meal when I'm most hungry--for me that's lunchtime. If I wait until dinner, I always overeat. It's important to get your meals and snacks in during the day so you feel full-then you're not as likely to cheat. The other thing that really helps, I mean REALLY, is to drink lots of water. It makes you feel full (always drink a glass before a meal) and it makes you less tired-and I always cheat when I'm tired. I've actually lost weight in the past when I couldn't exercise after back surgery doing nothing but adding 8 glass of water day and not eating after dinner. The biggest reason I eat after dinner is I get super hungry from not eating enough during the day. I'm doing the Slim Fast 123 thing so I get 2 shakes, 1 meal, and 3 snacks, so I basically can eat every 3 hours. Whatever you're doing, make sure you eat all your meals and your snacks so you're not tempted to cheat. Most of all just don't give up. Hang in there--you can do it!
  • houseofcarpenter
    houseofcarpenter Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    just keep plodding - i have the same problem if theres an occaision that involves eating out i find it very hard to not just go for it with the bad stuff... however i have realised that once ive said no once to something it becomes easier to say it again to something else... small steps - i think is the key, maybe deciding before hand not to have a certain something but forgiving yourself for everything else - at least your still in control of what you planned for the evening and next time you can stay away from two things... good luck and tomorrow is always a new day x