Options
chrisfuentes2005
chrisfuentes2005 Posts: 295 Member
Any one have good recipes to make with leftover turkey

Replies

• vvaldez82
    vvaldez82 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I like to make turkey noodle soup, shred it for tacos, sandwiches, pretty much replace it wherever I would have used chicken.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    There are many ways to use leftover turkey but don't feel compelled to use it all right away. Instead, make meal-sized packets of cooked turkey for the freezer to in the coming weeks as you would pre-cooked chicken. Then take the carcass and any scraps and make turkey stock, also for the freezer. You don't need a big freezer to do this. I just have a top-of-the-fridge freezer. Having handy small packages of ready-to-go chicken or turkey and stock is great for everyday suppers and one-meal soup batches.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I make a huge stock with the carcass which I freeze in quart batches...i use this in a variety of soups and stews throughout the holiday season.

we generally have guests for Thanksgiving so we usually do smaller versions of the Thanksgiving meal for lunch and I often make a turkey shepherd's pie for dinner on Saturday. after that, any leftover turkey is usually for sandwiches.