Best crosstrainer to buy in the UK?

Options
Hi all. My hubby wants to buy a cross trainer to build up a regular exersise regime at home. He has a number of medical conditions which make it difficult to get to a gym, and usually not very cost effective!

Everyone in the family is chipping in for Xmas, and we have a bit saved, so whereas I can't say money is no object, I am willing to spend a decent amount to get a decent machine that will do the job properly and last well. We have rearranged a room to create a permanent space for it, so it does not need to be portable/foldable.

Can anyone suggest makes/models that we should look at? There are so many on the market, and such a range of prices, and I don't understand the good from the bad:/

TIA

Replies

• c123c
    c123c Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have a reebok zr9 (I think!)
    Works for me!
    Takes a while to put together
    Is quite big!
    Have had one issue with it breaking but a replacement part was sent out very quickly
    Also creaks/ squeaks quite a bit which can sometimes be stopped with a bit of oil
    They're the only bad points I can think of.
    You can follow set workouts or make your own/adjust difficulty as you go
  • KezJT
    KezJT Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thank you - I shall look at that one:)
  • gunrock1970
    gunrock1970 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    There's the Bowflex MAX M3 or M5 - they look pricey and from where I'm standing a little bit like snake-oil, but there are some good reviews about.