I have to say I bloody love

Options
2»

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I get that. The scale is a tyrant but fitness gains are all mine. Being able to Do Stuff can't be beat.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Wonderful post, rabbit! So inspiring.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Great post Rabbit! Tacos to celebrate!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Great post Rabbit! Tacos to celebrate!

Saw that :bigsmile:

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Baby, you rock! Your attitude is very inspiring!
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    Fitness is definitely it's own reward! Amazing what the body can do when we stop giving up!
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Ditto! The comments from guys when I'm on the leg press "I wish I could press that much--and you're half my size!" (and probably twice their age) are awesome. Even better, when other guys try to take the 45 pound discs off the leg press rack without asking (BIGGEST gym pet peeve), having another guy step in and say "She's gonna need those." Is even better!

I used to joke I would only run if being chased, and now I do it by choice--miles at a time! Always trying to improve my one mile and 5K times. Did 7.25 miles last night--felt GREAT!
  • back2twentyfive
    back2twentyfive Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    Great post rabbit!
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    @rabbitjb, you are the one, whose posts motivated me to start with strength/weight training. I didn't know I would find it so rewarding. I do 3 hours a week and they are the fastest hours. Nothing better than feeling strong. I loved my aerobic type workouts but spurned lifting heavy things for enjoyment, until this year. Thanks @rabbitjb for your continued encouragement.
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    @daniwilford that gave me shivers :)

I'm absolutely thrilled that I could help anyone start focusing on resistance work ... It was a revelation to me, and I'm delighted you love it, and benefit from it, too

*snoopyhappydance*
  • DeserveVictory
    DeserveVictory Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Being fit ...beats being skinny, or fat, into the ground

[*] When I see my unused asthma meds languishing at the bottom of the drawer I think f u asthma

Congrats! I'm still working towards this stage. Though I've been off my steroid inhaler for 2 weeks! First time in my entire life! ( I was diagnosed at 2 and am now 29)
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Being fit ...beats being skinny, or fat, into the ground

[*] When I see my unused asthma meds languishing at the bottom of the drawer I think f u asthma

Congrats! I'm still working towards this stage. Though I've been off my steroid inhaler for 2 weeks! First time in my entire life! ( I was diagnosed at 2 and am now 29)
    Wow, this is great!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    It's a great feeling to be strong enough to do just about anything that needs to be done.

One of my best moments was being able to pick up a full-sized bale of peat moss and haul it a quarter of a mile to my community garden plot a couple of years ago...while several men watched with mouths agape, shocked that a woman could do such a thing.
  • Ioras88
    Ioras88 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I hear you!

I felt best when I really had the stamina to go walking for over an hour without feeling terrible afterwards. It's usually my feet that complain. I'm sensitive there.

Anyway, these days I have an easier time catching the tram - I sometimes have to run - than before I went back to fitness training. :D yay me
  • robspot
    robspot Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    A rabbit love thread eh?

I'm in!!! :) You're *kitten* awesome

I <3 you and all your wisdomousness. Nothing motivates me like a message from rabbit. OK I'm done ;)
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    robspot wrote: »
    A rabbit love thread eh?

I'm in!!! :) You're *kitten* awesome

I <3 you and all your wisdomousness. Nothing motivates me like a message from rabbit. OK I'm done ;)

awwww .. you're weird, I like that in a man

I'm also glad you're back on the horse

that's enough animals now, right?