Pancakes and maple syrup

Options
tomorrow I am going out for brunch at 12 pm with my friends to a very nice American diner. I am planning not to have breakfast or just eat an apple , so as to be able to eat what I want there. I want to have scrambled eggs with cheese , hash browns and pancakes with maple syrup. Yummmmyyyyy!!!! I know this is too much but i am planning to watch out for the rest of the day and will do my best to have a good walk in the evening. I need ur comments pls. Thanks

Replies

• wintermama13
    wintermama13 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I went to perkins today and have pancakes, eggs, hashbrowns and sausage links :) Enjoy what you eat!
  • ceschwartz
    ceschwartz Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Ditch the harsh browns or the pancakes, pick which one you really want. If pancakes get the butter on the side and dip them into the syrup, to save calories. Tell them to go easy on the cheese in the eggs. Save where you can, because diners love their grease. That's my two cents.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious! What I do is eat only half of everything. More than likely the portions will be too much food. I hope you have a wonderful meal!
  • mrogers52
    mrogers52 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Could you have an egg white omelette? I had one this past Friday and it was delicious!
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with pancakes! :) I go to IHOP all the time. I mean ALL THE TIME. Sometimes I even get a stack of chocolate pancakes with chocolate chips and whipped cream! Lol. As long as you have the calories, why not? Watch what you eat the rest of the day (like you said) and you'll be fine.

My only suggestion: skip the maple syrup and ask for sugar free. I love sugar free syrup; I think it's better and it'll save you hundreds of calories. No joke.
  • qtpiesmom
    qtpiesmom Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    As long as your within your calorie goals for the day EAT enjoy your Brunch. Exercise so you can have a good time. its not like your never going to eat out again its learning how to eat out is the trick. I agree butter the pancakes lightly and dip the pancakes
  • angijunbug
    angijunbug Posts: 205
    Options
    Eat it, enjoy it, & workout before you go so that your metabolism is burning good & strong!
  • lkenn67
    lkenn67 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I log my food before I eat it. Then make a decision... Questions to ask yourself...

1- Could you eat 1/2 of what they give you, maybe share with someone?
    2- How are you realistically going to eat for the rest of the day? you need to plan for satisfying meals throughout your day?
    3- How are you going to feel after you eat it? satisfied or guilty.

You need to be able to fit all the foods you want to eat into your life. If you deprive yourself you set yourself up for failure. Just make a positive healthy choice you will be happy with.

- Me- I would log it out before hand and go in with a plan of how many cals I wanted to spend and how I was going to do it.
  • sdc225
    sdc225 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! I'm having a nice breakfast for Father's day (Ihop) and I plan on eating small portions silver dollar pancakes one egg instead of 2 and sub turkey bacon instead of pork. That way I can enjoy a nice meal without going to crazy. Enjoy your meal!
  • Micheller1210
    Micheller1210 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I like to get whole grain pancakes butter on the side I order poached eggs, dry toast... and eat slowly but do enjoy I eat out everyday so I try to hae what I want but cut corners from xtra calories
  • CoachMaritova
    CoachMaritova Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Having all of this for breakfast, i.e. early in the day, is a good thing! That way you have the rest of the day to work off the carbs/calories that you consumed. If I were ever going to "cheat" I would do it for breakfast ;)
  • HaveWill
    HaveWill Posts: 16
    Options
    Thank u all for ur comments and sure I ll do my best to not eat all this...I ll keep u updated tomorrow.
  • suerun11
    suerun11 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Buckwheat pancakes and sugar free syrup! Yummmmm! My favorite go to meal...any time...any place! Even skip the syrup and throw strawberries and blueberries on top!
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    tomorrow I am going out for brunch at 12 pm with my friends to a very nice American diner. I am planning not to have breakfast or just eat an apple , so as to be able to eat what I want there. I want to have scrambled eggs with cheese , hash browns and pancakes with maple syrup. Yummmmyyyyy!!!! I know this is too much but i am planning to watch out for the rest of the day and will do my best to have a good walk in the evening. I need ur comments pls. Thanks
    You can have most of this. I would get 2 plain pancakes, 2 eggs w/ cheese, & no hash browns. Ask them not to put butter on your pancakes and don't drown them in syrup. You can eat regularly for the rest of the day no problem. I've actually had this for breakfast on occasion.

DO NOT skip breakfast. You should always have breakfast. and try to include a protein in breakfast. Perhaps some greek yogurt and berries for breakfast. Why not pull up a blank diary page and fill it out to plan your calories for the day? Play around with adding and subtracting items to see how you can at the very least still get 3 sensible meals in.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Eat what you want! It's entirely up to you.
  • spitfire423
    Options
    Sometimes I log my food before I eat it. Then make a decision... Questions to ask yourself...

1- Could you eat 1/2 of what they give you, maybe share with someone?
    2- How are you realistically going to eat for the rest of the day? you need to plan for satisfying meals throughout your day?
    3- How are you going to feel after you eat it? satisfied or guilty.

You need to be able to fit all the foods you want to eat into your life. If you deprive yourself you set yourself up for failure. Just make a positive healthy choice you will be happy with.

- Me- I would log it out before hand and go in with a plan of how many cals I wanted to spend and how I was going to do it.

i do the same thing good advice!