Weekly weight loss goal question, help please.

Options
Anyone know why the calorie goal for a weight loss of 1.5lbs and 2lbs per week would be the same?

Replies

• ariana_eatsandlifts
    Options
    Is it saying 1200 calories for both? That is because it is the minimum calories recommended by MFP for females. That also might mean your goal is too aggressive. What are your stats?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,594 Member
    Options
    Goal should be to lose no more than 1% of your body weight a week. Are there times one can lose more? Sure, but water weight isn't real weight loss because it doesn't reduce fat deposition.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Meghan585
    Meghan585 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Oh I see, yes, it says 1200 for both....I'm just over 190 and trying to get to 165. I was trying for 2lbs per week but found the 1200 cals a day very difficult. So I tried going down to 1.5lbs per week hoping it'd give me a little more room. Thank you for the info. that makes perfect sense.
  • ariana_eatsandlifts
    Options
    If 1200 is difficult for you, maybe try 1 lbs per week? I know it's tempting to want to lose the weight as fast as possible but for a lot of people that isn't sustainable and they end up right back where they started.
  • Meghan585
    Options
    Thank you, I'll take that into account. I've gone from 253 to 188. But then I took a break and went back up to 196
  • Meghan585
    Options
    I guess I was being overly zealous. Felt a little ashamed and disgusted with myself. But you're right being overly harsh will only result in failure.
  • ariana_eatsandlifts
    Options
    I would hardly call 253 to 196 failure! Maybe you gained a little back from your lowest, but instead of letting that derail your thinking, use it as a learning process. No one is perfect! I'm sure most people on this website have had to take a step back at some point and re-evaluate what they are doing.
  • Meghan585
    Options
    Thank you, it's nice to hear that. <3 Truly.