Wanting to impress everyone

Options
So im a normal teenager, underweight and I still want to loose weight. It is very messed up and I know I shouldn't do this but I want to have the perfect body, abs, and thigh gap. Am I being an attention seeker doing this?

Replies

• cladinose
    cladinose Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You're not being an attention seeker. I feel that most girls this age have some body image problems (I acknowledge now thatI have some, it took me until I am 21 but oh well) but if you are underweight already, you are not going to get abs or thigh gap by loosing more weight. Abs are muscle, and if you are too underweight, your body will eat your muscle tissue. If you want abs, you will have to build them, and if you actually want a thigh gap, you will have to do some leg workouts (muscles will not make you "bulky" if you don't take on super serious weight training)
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    safaanabaa wrote: »
    So im a normal teenager, underweight and I still want to loose weight. It is very messed up and I know I shouldn't do this but I want to have the perfect body, abs, and thigh gap. Am I being an attention seeker doing this?

It may be worthwhile taking to your parents, doctor or school counsellor. I have suspicion that regardless of how you looked you would still perceive yourself not to be perfect.

I am guessing you are under 18 given that your profile age is shown as 23. MFP is for 18 and older for various reasons, but one being the calorie allowance provided are set for those 18 and older.