100+ to lose in need of support

Options
Hi! The past few years I have struggled with depression and a failing marriage and have used excess weight as a way to keep people at a distance quite successfully.
I'm now happily divorced and looking to live a more satisfying life. I have a three year old son that I want be able to have fun and keep up with. I want to do physical activities that I use to enjoy like hiking and biking without being immediately exhausted.
I'm ready to loss the weight, stop being afraid and hope to find a few people in similar as well as entirely different situations to offer advice, support and understanding. Thanks for reading my confession :)

Replies

• michellestarkrn
    michellestarkrn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on being happily divorced! You've turned the page and the next chapter is ready to be written. I am also trying to reduce. I hope you'll find myfitnesspal (MFP) a fun place to keep track of all your activities, just like I do! Michelle :smiley:
  • hawaiinaturals
    hawaiinaturals Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Life is too short to be unhappy, so good for you in all aspects, I am in an a different situation, I have never had a weight problem, till now, and my husband doesn't notice, which is both good and bad. I'm mostly frustrated with myself and very self conscious because I live where people wear next to nothing with there dark skin and perfect bodies. I'm working on my self esteem. I am hoping MFP will help keep me motivated!

Best of luck to you and your goals! Keep up the great attitude and you'll do just fine!
  • debraodu
    debraodu Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies I know how you all feel. As I have put in a hell of a lot of weight because of pcos. I really want to lose it but food especially, chocolate is my best friend. But today I am changing. Food is not my best friend and I will control my urges. We can do it!!!!!!
  • norasatqa
    norasatqa Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Sure debraodu .. we can do it :)