Too many calories left at the end of the day

Options
On the weekends I have a hard time eating all my calories, I actually slept in today so when I got up it was too late for really breakfast and I had my regular coffee and then went to the gym and when I came home I had my supper but now I still have 1000 calories left and only have 3 hours before bedtime and my supper filled me up I can't imagine eating anything else. How do you handle this and what could I do to change (besides getting up earlier..LOL)

Thanks for any help you can give me

Replies

• P90XCertifiedCoach
    Options
    Me too I just ate 3 porkchops, green beans tomatoes and I am full as a tick, I have over 800 calories left. I guess I could cut my workouts down but I enjoy them
  • Clabaugh
    Clabaugh Posts: 4
    Options
    I would love an answer to this also! I have over 1,000 calories left for today! When I finished my diary it said that I was going to put my body into starvation mode?!?! I ate a lot of veggies today & also had some good protein! I worked out for over an hour as well!
  • miss_ally08
    miss_ally08 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I would say try to have mini meals throughout the day, to maybe help fulfill your caloric needs. That way your body won't go into starvation mode and you are helping your metabolism by eating small meals throughout the days. If not, then at least 3 meals, and maybe a few snacks in between if you're hungry you know?

I have that problem sometimes and I go under, then the next day I just try to eat a bit more =) Hope that helps some!! Good luck, I am sure you're doing great.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,993 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Your food diary isn't public so I don't know what you're eating already, but I suggest that you have an easy, pre-planned high nutrition breakfast ready to eat before you go to the gym.....your body needs fuel to work out....coffee is not good fuel for a body that's going to be working hard.
  • unmitigatedbadassery
    unmitigatedbadassery Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I wish I had an answer for you - I have the same situation some days. Dinner's over, it's 8:30pm and all said and done I have 1600 calories open. What do I do?
  • tryinghard2012
    tryinghard2012 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I never have your problem unless I work out a lot that day as I do not eat back my exercise points.

Interesting though...my body wouldn't be able to function off of one meal. My blood sugar, mood and energy plummets if I don't eat every 2-3 hours :ohwell:
  • KsCrafter
    KsCrafter Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    It doesn't happen often but I find on the weekends I have a harder time eating my calories than during the week
  • Delease1
    Delease1 Posts: 3
    Options
    Is it bad to come under your daily allotment of calories?
  • MissDwood
    MissDwood Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I am also having trouble with this!! I recently started the 17 day diet which includes a lot of clean foods such as lots of fruits, veggies, meats, yogurt, and eggs. With natural or fresh food its hard to reach 1200 calories add, but I am never hungry or starving myself. I feel full. Idk what to do!
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    Lucky you, I am so bummed bc I didn't work out today (really tired and need rest after big workout yesterday and late night). but I want more calories. I am going to go over.

Seriously, though, I did, have this problem yesterday bc I burned so many calories and in the end could not eat them all, so too much deficit yesterday, over 500. I was thinking what to do about and I guess (it's funny--opposite of what I'm used to), I need to make higher calorie healthy selections on a day I know I will have extra calories to eat.

So, take my favorite snack (apple with yogurt and PB mixed in). On a low calorie day when I know I will not work out and need to conserve, I could choose non-fat or low-fat yogurt with PB2. On a day I will exercise and earn lots of extra calories, I could choose full-fat yogurt and regular (non-hydrogenated natural) peanut butter.

Same thing: real eggs, vs. egg whites or egg "product", a whole bagel or regular english muffin instead of the low-fat/calorie variety, etc.

Funny when you are trained to eat as little as possible suddenly realizing that you need to eat MORE in order to lose.
  • trosewine
    trosewine Posts: 88
    Options
    If it isn't a daily occurrence, one day of having a ton of calories left isn't a big deal. But if you constantly find yourself with lots of cals at days end, try adding more calorie dense foods into your meals and snacks like nuts, real salad dressing, real ice cream for dessert, cheeses, granola, etc. 1 TBSP of most olive oil, butter or full fat salad dressing is about 100 cals a pop.

Have an indulgent snack tonight and see how you feel in the morning...probably hungry. :-) Good Luck!
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    Is it bad to come under your daily allotment of calories?

Yes, after a year of not losing a darn thing (and I work out HARD 6 days a week, eating very little on WW), I have finally learned that by not eating my exercise calories I made my metabolism slow down to conserve energy. Eating your exercise calories is counter-intuitive, but if you don't, you will hit a plateau that you wont be able to break until you realize it.
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    One day on occasion won't kill you to be under, but you need a different eating plan if you typically like to sleep in late on the weekends. I would eat something light pre workout. Perhaps a hard boiled egg or a protein drink. On the way home after add a hand full of almonds or walnuts. a small amount like 1 oz. eat your lunch and eat a sensible dinner. You may still be under, but not by a drastic amount.