I'm stuffed and I'm supposed to eat more

Options
Me again, So, after doing an hour of weights & toning plus 40 minutes on the treadmill this morning I'm supposed to eat approx. 1900 calories, I'm already at approx. 1450 and I'm totally stuffed. I've eaten well and added everything I can think of that I've put in my mouth today including a bit of my daughters mac & cheese and some of her cheerios at lunch.

Seriously, do I need to eat more? I feel like I've eaten a ton today and gained 5 more pounds and I still have 24 more ounces of water before bed. I've got step class tomorrow so I know I need to get my water in.

Replies

• robsgal
    robsgal Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Me again, So, after doing an hour of weights & toning plus 40 minutes on the treadmill this morning I'm supposed to eat approx. 1900 calories, I'm already at approx. 1450 and I'm totally stuffed. I've eaten well and added everything I can think of that I've put in my mouth today including a bit of my daughters mac & cheese and some of her cheerios at lunch.

Seriously, do I need to eat more? I feel like I've eaten a ton today and gained 5 more pounds and I still have 24 more ounces of water before bed. I've got step class tomorrow so I know I need to get my water in.
  • michelleisfit
    michelleisfit Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I don't think you need to eat more if you already feel stuffed.

I do at least an hour of intense cardio a day plus about 30-45 minutes of weights, toning, and abs and then on top of that walk 40 minutes a day (to and from work) and with all that exercise it says I am supposed to eat 2200 calories a day. Hell no! I never make it that high and usually stick between 1600 and 1800 and am down over 65lbs.
  • ldsupergirl
    Options
    I have the same problem I have 398 to eat and I am full. It has been the same 3 days in a row I have eaten 300 plus cals than suggested. I couldn't bring myself to eat any more.
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    an apple or banana with some peanut butter? hot cocoa?
  • arutherf
    arutherf Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    If you are looking to fill up some of your calorie bank, pour yourself a glass of skim milk (if you're a dairy person), squirt a little chocolate syrup in it, and warm it up in the microwave. You get the benefit of calcium from the milk, and iron from the chocolate syrup. Plus, who doesn't like hot chocolate? I use this technique on days that I work out because 2 cups of skim milk and half a tbsp of iron riched chocolate syrup is 250 calories. It fills up a good portion of my excercise calories. It tastes good, and it's good for you :happy:
  • coronalime
    coronalime Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I wish....
    With that said though. I think you need to listen to your body. You may eat more tomorrow who knows. I wouldnt go stuffing anything down food or water just because a computer says to do it..within reason of course
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Are you wearing a hear rate monitor or just using MFP's estimates for your weight lifting?
    When we lift, most of the time we do a set of 10-15, which lasts about 15 seconds, and rest for 30-45 seconds. So even though we are in the gym around the weights for 60 minutes, we are only doing about 15-30 minutes of actual work. Thus, online calorie counters often overestimate. According to my HRM, even on my leg days that last 60 minutes and leave me drenched in sweat and are full of supersets, I only burn around 400 calories. Upper body days burn about half that. So you may not need to eat quite so many calories.
  • TROUBLE2
    TROUBLE2 Posts: 6,660
    Options
    I agree that your body knows best...

there is a reason we "FEEL" full, and that is that our body is a fantastic machine. it knows when enough is enough, it adapts very fast and it will tell you when you need more.

once you are full and you have that feeling, LISTEN to your body!
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I wish....
    With that said though. I think you need to listen to your body. You may eat more tomorrow who knows. I wouldnt go stuffing anything down food or water just because a computer says to do it..within reason of course

Good advice!!
  • robsgal
    robsgal Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Well I didn't end up eating more and I wasn't starving this morning so I think thats a good sigh. I actually do weight classes and there is a bit of streatching between like squats & chest, but it's pretty steady, I guess it's like a body pump class and I do go pretty heavy compared to most people in there.

I did a 45 minute step class today and then 30 minutes of resistance/toning (sit up's, lunges etc...) for the last part of class. I'll try to eat more earlier in the day, so far I've eaten a yogurt & some almonds since returning from class, water too.

Obviously I'm NOT doing something right because the scale hasn't budged :mad: , but I also don't want to eat when I feel stuffed. I guess I just need to see what works so far I haven't seemed to find it.

Thanks for the responses & advise gang!
  • condobendr
    Options
    I've yet to meet the caloric intake that the program has made for me and have been very satisfied . I am a big man and the computer has recommended 2630 Cals. a day. When I exercise Cardio and Strength training for about an Hour And a Half a day I burn around 800 + cals . And I never can eat up that amount of calories your talking around 3400 calories. Rediculous amount . Eat the good foods stay clear of White flour and White sugars . If you are full don't eat, find something to do hobbys, reading, even going for a walk if its nice enough!! :bigsmile: Try not to watch too much TV, it only creates a bad environment with all those fast food commercials, it tricks your mind into eating more, you know false hunger, it looks good so your tempted to eat even though your stomach says no!! Ive been yo--yo dieting for years , weight watchers and all those fad diets, but I got to say journaling this way is very easy and gratifying . Ive been a member since Monday the 5th,I have lost 10lbs and one waiste size. All those Christmas goodies put me over the top, heavier then i've ever been,:mad: this is got me determined to at least count everything correctly and keep a good handle on my progress.
    Good luck to all the rest of you, hopefully I won't fall off the wagon with this program!!:heart:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    If you are going to work out to the point where you are required to consome upwards of 2000 cals while trying to lose weight, you need to make more of an effort to balance your eating throughout the day. For example if you have a 2 hour workout planned, have a hearty breakfast. Include whole grains, protein and fruit. Add calories where you can throughout the day even BEFORE your workout occurs. This way you're not going to be stuck with so much to eat at the end of the day. Another option is to workout less. Go for 40 minutes instead of 2 hours, and you won't have to eat as much. I eat all my exercise cals and I am down 55lbs since last March. I have heard others say that they don't do this and have still been successful, but think about it, if you do not properly fuel your body, it will eventually break down, just like a car won't go far if you don't fill the gas tank.