No BS Serious Motivational Friends needed

Options
Starting my weight loss journey on here to really keep track of what I eat. I plan to have Gastro Sleeve surgery in March with a Goal to lose 40lb. That being said if I can lose the weight I won't have the surgery. Need to find a way to not only stay encouraged but helpful tips to put cardo in my busy work schedule.

Replies

• me2ynot
    me2ynot Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Howdy you can add me. I'll do the best I can to support you. It sounds like you need it. Add lots of people to help you. Keep an open diary that really helps.
  • motivccess
    motivccess Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    there's no reason for you to get surgery. save your $$. you GOT this! promise... just have fun with it
  • markja
    markja Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Save your money. Try MFP first. I've dropped 40lbs. You can too.
  • ShakeOff84
    ShakeOff84 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    What's MFP Mark
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    ShakeOff84 wrote: »
    Starting my weight loss journey on here to really keep track of what I eat. I plan to have Gastro Sleeve surgery in March with a Goal to lose 40lb. That being said if I can lose the weight I won't have the surgery. Need to find a way to not only stay encouraged but helpful tips to put cardo in my busy work schedule.

@ShakeOff84 if you can lose 30% of your total goal I bet you will not need the surgery as you stated. If you can not lose 30% of your goal without the surgery I would question the surgery being a long term solution. Learning the best macro for your current goals then counting the calories as you fine tune your new way of eating may be key to your success based on my experience.

Welcome to MFP forums and best of success.
  • hannahcall2
    hannahcall2 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    MFP is just short for MyFitnessPal. You can do it! Starting is the hardest but motivccess is right, its important to have fun with it. After you get started you learn to enjoy the process and start setting little goals to accomplish daily or weekly to keep you going strong! Feel free to add me if ya like. Best of wishes!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options

A sleeve to lose just 40 pounds? Why not just do it on your own? Why not start now instead of waiting 4 months?

By the way, a sleeve will work only if you eat at a calorie deficit, and it won't work if you eat at maintenance or a surplus. Therefore, the sleeve is not necessary to weight loss, especially 40 pounds. In fact, if any doctor approved the sleeve under this circumstance I'd run the other way.
  • ShakeOff84
    Options
    I started 3 months ago if I can lose it on my on my set is to NOT get the surgery that's just how I feel about it
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    What's MFP Mark

MFP is the title of this app...My Fitness Pal
  • ShakeOff84
    Options
    I got it after I said it lol sorry busy with a wedding now I'm focused
  • appleanna82
    appleanna82 Posts: 11 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Think hard about the surgery. I have loved ones who've done it and the work is probably harder than trying it the "old-fashioned" way. But Good Luck either way!
  • williamjohnperalta
    Options
    There's really no need to undergo surgery. There are lots of cardio exercise to choose from. Try out several programs that you find interesting and stick to what you like. It will be a long and hard journey, but i guarantee it will be satisfying to reach your goals and see how far you've accomplished.
  • ShakeOff84
    Options
    Thanks William I'm try my best give it my all and stay focused