NSV: I beat the weather!

Options
Schwiggity
Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
So tonight I drove to my local lake that I run around sometimes with the intention of doing a little over 5 miles. I got there, parked, did a warm-up jog, then when I was finishing stretching, it started to rain....hard (torrential downpour thunderstorm).

Now I'm very good at making excuses to not exercise. It's not intentional. It's just nearly 20 years of being fat and inactive has me subconsciously trained to rationalize doing as little as possible.

Well, I shut that part of my brain off tonight. I ran. I got soaked. I got hit with wind and prickly rain. And it felt great. Not only did I set out to do my goal mileage, I did an extra lap around the lake (1.3 miles) for a total of 6.5 miles! That's the furthest run I've done since my car accident in early March! SUCK IT FLORIDA WEATHER!

Side note: can running shoes + inserts be put in the dryer? lol

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Great job! We got rained on while running yesterday, and I agree... it feels amazing.

I'd let the shoes air-dry, though. They might shrink in the dryer.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    WAY TO FREAKING GO!
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    By the way: It stopped raining so hard after the first 20 minutes. So glad I did it!
  • tmdugger
    tmdugger Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!!! I'm more likely to tell myself its 95 degrees I shouldn't bike because I might get heat stroke. It is so easy to make excuses in Florida. WTG!
  • staceyrrad
    staceyrrad Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    That is amazing and I admire your dedication! =) I'm gonna be sure to think of your NSV next time I'm looking for weather related excuses not to run!

Keep it up!!
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC WORK! WAY TO GO!
  • rjvt006
    rjvt006 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    WTG thats got to feel great.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!