In the same boat...

Options
II desperately need to drop 30-35 pounds. Would like to get there by February or March and fit into my skinny jeans once again. Feel free to add me as a friend. Motivation is the keybto success.

Replies

• WinningYes
    WinningYes Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I agree!! Healthy eating and working out are keys to success.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    II desperately need to drop 30-35 pounds. Would like to get there by February or March and fit into my skinny jeans once again. Feel free to add me as a friend. Motivation is the keybto success.

With only 30 pounds to lose, you shouldn't set your goal for higher than 1.5 pounds per week (6 per month) and after the first maybe 12 pounds, drop it to 1 pound per week. The slower you lose, the less muscle mass you'll lose, and the better you'll look naked when you're done. Isn't that what most of us want, in the end? To look good? I'd take looking good over an arbitrary number on the scale any day :)

I started at MFP August before last, and it took me until February to lose 35 pounds, and honestly, it was too fast. I should have done a bit more weights, and lost a bit slower. My weight would be higher, but I would have more muscle mass, and wear a smaller size, tighter body. Anyway, here is a post I wrote that might help. Good luck!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10257474/starting-out-restarting-basics-inside#latest

• nikkigaskins
    nikkigaskins Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. I'll take a look at it.