Bathroom Scale Advice

Options
I need to buy a bathroom scale and accuracy is the biggest priority. Do you have a brand that you have had success with and would recommend?

Replies

• M30834134
    M30834134 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Accuracy will vary, but, in my opinion, consistency is more important than accuracy. So if the scale you're using off by 0.2 lb - as long as it is consistently off - that's all that matters. Weighing yourself at the same time, on the same spot will also add to consistency.

Bathroom Scales Review
  • Lynzdee18
    Lynzdee18 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Yes to what MasterVal says. Consistency and don't weigh every day. (That is easier said than done!)
  • patwojy
    patwojy Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I am really impressed with the Eat Smart Precision Plus scale that I've had for about two years. Not only is it accurate, it is consistent! It also has a nice wide platform to stand on. With my old scale, I could get on it three times and get three different results. Check out their website and see the different scales that they have.
  • ZeroDelta
    ZeroDelta Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I've got a Withings. Automatically syncs to MFP and TrendWeight.com. I like it.
  • steuartcj
    steuartcj Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Look for old doctor balance beam scale. They are switching to digital and may be cheap.
  • neohdiver
    neohdiver Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I've been using a Tanita scale - the model is apparently no longer being sold, but there are other similar ones. It is a body fat monitor combined with a scale. I can step on it several times & it registers exactly the same amount each time.
  • letsy22
    letsy22 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions. They were all Very helpful!
  • naywpg
    naywpg Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I use the eat smart percision scale as well. love it
  • naywpg
    naywpg Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    389yzo9436sv.jpg
  • SuperheroSadie
    SuperheroSadie Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    steuartcj wrote: »
    Look for old doctor balance beam scale. They are switching to digital and may be cheap.
    I got one of these from goodwill for $15. Most consistent scale ever is one you can calibrate yourself! Also always lines up with the fancy scale at the YMCA.
  • letsy22
    letsy22 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good find. Thanks for replying