My weekly fitness plan

Options
Monday - 15min. Running + some kind of basic HIIT routine I can do in the park 10min run/walk home

Tuesday - 30min running + cool down yoga at home.

Wednesday - Pilates, ballet, or power yoga at home

Thursday - 30min running + cool down yoga, or maybe the same as Monday... Don't know yet.

Friday - 20min run + power yoga at home

Saturday - 40-50min run OR hiking!!!

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Y u no lift weights?
  • Full4Life
    Full4Life Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm not part of a gym
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Lots of people do strength training at home, using improvised weights, adjustable dumbbells, resistance bands, bodyweight exercises, etc. Try the Nerd Fitness program, or You Are Your Own Gym, or the one in my profile. Yoga & pilates isn't a complete strength plan. It's lacking in pulling exercises, and doesn't train lifting ability. :+1:
  • Full4Life
    Options
    Thanks... I'm trying to make up my own HIIT routine given the spaces I have to work with - one is outside with lots of wood blocks I could use, for example. There's another area with a steep incline I've been using for push-ups... You know, it's a work in progress.
    I'll check those out, though.
    I don't really know what I'm doing, so bring on the suggestions!
  • MalbaJayne
    MalbaJayne Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am way more of an exerciser than a dieter and am always looking for support - MFP friends??
  • drywall_painter
    drywall_painter Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I have been more diligent on exercise/ lifting than on dieting, I know from past experience that keeping both in line works best. Working out my routine now, still scared of squats though.
  • Full4Life
    Options
    MalbaJayne wrote: »
    I am way more of an exerciser than a dieter and am always looking for support - MFP friends??
    Absolutely! :)
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    If you have no access to a gym, then you can still do some strength training at home. Could you get some dumbbell sets or maybe a few kettle bells at least ? That's a lot of cardio you mentioned but not enough strength training: ( you can pick up dumb bells at Walmart for a good price.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    What is your goal?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Strength train a bit, my friend. You won't be sorry. If you're not going to go to a gym do something from Convict Conditioning, You Are Your Own Gym, or even a body weight program on bodybuilding.com. Maintain your lbm.
  • Full4Life
    Options
    p5w9wi3xh3r9.jpeg
    My dumbbell system
  • Full4Life
    Options
    jxnjfuzcsl4b.jpeg
    Lunges
  • Full4Life
    Options
    59iww8vijemf.jpeg
    This was a new one! Jumping, both legs. On and off, 10x. Haaaaarrrrrdddd! Can't wait to get strong!
  • bago08
    bago08 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    That seems like a lot of running. I started to have knee and calf troubles about your age when doing similar running amounts. I alternated runs with biking or elliptical a few days a week and it seemed to help quite a bit. Best of luck. Looks like a great program otherwise.
  • Full4Life
    Options
    What is your goal?
    Hey RuNaRoUnDaFiEld - I really want to get fit and strong again... But mostly I'd like to work long-distance running back into my life. I used to run a lot of 10ks. I think I'd like to train for a 1/2 marathon.
  • erialcelyob
    erialcelyob Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Wow! I'm really jealous of the outdoor space you have, it's lovely!
    This is my weeks plan:

Monday: Fitness blender workout + chest & tris + 15 min running
    Tuesday: Back & Bis + 15 min running + yoga class
    Wednesday: Shoulder + bodyweight cardio + roller derby
    Thursday: Legs + cardio of some sort
    Friday: Fitness blender workout

:D
  • Full4Life
    Options
    Wow! I'm really jealous of the outdoor space you have, it's lovely!
    This is my weeks plan:

Monday: Fitness blender workout + chest & tris + 15 min running
    Tuesday: Back & Bis + 15 min running + yoga class
    Wednesday: Shoulder + bodyweight cardio + roller derby
    Thursday: Legs + cardio of some sort
    Friday: Fitness blender workout

:D

That's awesome. Roller derby sounds great. What's Back & Bis. I often have problems with my lower back. Is it something to strengthen it?