5"2 3/4 over 50

Options
Hi. I'm motivated to get to a healthy, fit weight. I'm eating a very healthy 1300 calories per day and have started the treadmill for an hour daily. I don't want to run or jog so I can only comfortably manage 3.5 mph by walking. Do any other petite have trouble maintaining 4 mph?

I feel my muscles snapping back into shape and I'm sweating profusely while walking so I must be burning fat right?

Currently I'm at 153 and my goal is 113 by July 2016.

Replies

• bacs
    bacs Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Wow we are stat twins. I'm 45 5 2 3/4 153 lbs and my goal weight is 110-115. I do have a hard time at the faster speeds. Short legs can only stretch so far. Sent you a friend request :smiley:
  • beaniebergh
    beaniebergh Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hooray! Nice to find someone my size! I'm working my heinie off and hoping it will pay off. Good luck to you Baca let's encourage each other.
  • memere101
    memere101 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I'm 53....about 5'2" 1/2. Due to physical limitations I can't do anything high impact, but I do love walk at home videos and some other home workouts. Have a Fitbit and try to get in over 10,000 steps a day. Started my journey last summer at almost 190 and now I'm around 141-143. Would love to get down to about 125, if I can ever break through this plateau.
  • Kayali93
    Kayali93 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3 and 47 years old and starting at 190- ugh....got to do something about this!!!! memere101 - have any suggestions? It seems the older I get the harder it is to come off- the only time I have been this weight is when I was pregnant with my 18 year old!!
  • beaniebergh
    Options
    Memere that is awesome! Way to go.

I'm feeling a little discouraged and sorry for myself today. I'm exercising and eating healthily within 1300 call per day and was expecting a lovely 1 to 1.5 lb loss but instead gained a lb! I'm not kidding myself by eating more than I record and have a realistic menu. What the heck! Guess I'll chalk it up to pms :(
  • 2gabbee
    2gabbee Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Like many of you looking for positive supportive friends. I'm 5'4" 3/4 & 57 yrs old. Been over weight most of life. Tend to be an emotional eater. 2016 WILL be our year to get it right. Who's with me in this journey into 2016?
  • beaniebergh
    Options
    Sign me up!