30 Day Shred Question ?

Options
Hi :) I'm officially starting the 30 Day Shred tomorrow (after seeing the forum with all of the before/after pictures...everyone's results were AWESOME). for those of you that completed the 30 Day Shred, how were your eating habits during that time? Did you drink protein shakes or do anything special, or did you just eat healthily?

also, do you have any other tips for the 30 Day Shred? I'm really determined to get great results, so all tips are appreciated! :)

Replies

• bmramsey0614
    bmramsey0614 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I am planning on trying out ripped in 30 soon!
  • aaaaaamyyyyyyy
    Options
    I'm still on Level One, but I don't drink protein shakes or anything, just keep to my normal calorie limit on MFP - mind you, my before and afters so far aren't spectacular, maybe that's where I'm going wrong. (that or all the 'days off' :p)
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I just counted calories and watched sodium like always. The one thing I DID change diet-wise was that I always drank a glass of chocolate milk immediately after every workout. It was an instant boost and stopped the shaking on the days I pushed hard enough to be shaking at the end (which was a lot of them lol)

As for tips, the main one I have is this: When you start, the first few days are going to HURT... you have to push THROUGH that pain and do the video anyway. I had friends that were sore for a week and a half straight because they did a day and took a day or two off until they weren't as sore only to end up sore all over again... I pushed through the pain and was pain-free before I started day 4. It's worth it and will force changes in your body faster.

GOOD LUCK! :)
  • roballesteros
    Options
    I ate as I normally did, before I started JM 30DS. I did not drink protein shakes you don't really burn that many calories but the results are awesome if you stay within your daily calorie goal. I lost 9 inches and got really toned. Keep water close by and if you are anything like me you may also want to keep a hand towel near for all the sweating you will do. Good Luck.....I loved it! I am now doing another one of her dvds call "Quick Trouble Zones" which is really good too.
  • nicole716
    nicole716 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Okay, i'm going to drink chocolate milk after each workout and see how it works. what kind of chocolate milk should i get?
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I haven't changed my diet at all. Actually, if anything, it made me want to work out more!
    I get up (at 2pm, I work overnights), do my shred, eat my protein-packed breakfast, as always, then go to the gym for like an hour of cardio before I have to go to work.
    I love it!
    The shred definitely helped me get back into the habit of loving exercise.
    I was slacking for a bit.
  • MoveLoveEat
    MoveLoveEat Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have just been trying to keep to my calorie limit, although I am only on level 1 about 6-7 days into it, with a week off when I was out of town.

I think for a 20minute workout you don't really need anything extra but then it all depends how your body is feeling, if your feeling shakey or weak, definately have something!