Desert recipes please

Options
emzilou83
emzilou83 Posts: 8 Member
edited November 2015 in Recipes
Hi im looking for a yummy dessert that is obviously low in calories. Anyone have any ideas or good recipes?

Replies

• HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    A cup of frozen cherries or blueberries, heated to warm in the microwave, topped with a dollop of Greek yogurt. Tastes and feels much more decadent than it is.
  • merryday11
    merryday11 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Baked apples- a little brown sugar and cinnamon in the microwave. Also a satisfying snack.
  • emzilou83
    emzilou83 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks all :)
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    like if you get stranded?
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
  • Limmi
    Limmi Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    merryday11 wrote: »
    Baked apples- a little brown sugar and cinnamon in the microwave. Also a satisfying snack.
    I also like baked apple. I also add walnuts and blueberries. I prefer to bake it in the oven as I'm trying to stay away from microwaving everything.

• shaikhaqamber3
    shaikhaqamber3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yogurt mixed with berries and a tsp of sugar
  • rbakedq
    rbakedq Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Low-Fat greek coffee flavored yogurt with two Nabisco Chocolate Wafers crumbled on top.
  • maxandlou
    maxandlou Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    emzilou83 wrote: »
    Thanks all :)

• VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,933 Member
    Options
    I would say start with sand, sun, and a dehumidifier and go from there.
  • unionbaygirl
    unionbaygirl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    1cup frozen cherries, 1/2 frozen banana, touch of vanilla, 1/2 cup almond milk, or water with protein powder. Blend, = no fat ice cream,
  • PhoenyxRose
    PhoenyxRose Posts: 70 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Coconut macaroons made with shredded coconut and coconut oil (and possibly dipped in chocolate) I think they're usually about 60 calories per macaroon but this is one I've used other entries on, I didn't have time to make it myself. The recipe I've used before has honey in it too, but for baking them I think just the coconut and oil would be good

Poached pears with a warm chocolate ganache is good at about 326 calories per serving

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/melissa-darabian/poached-pears-recipe.html

Baked apples are pretty tasty and not too bad (for me) at 300 calories http://www.myrecipes.com/m/recipe/apple-crisp-baked-apples-10000001227803
  • OneHundredToLose
    OneHundredToLose Posts: 8,534 Member
    Options
    Here in the desert we mostly eat mexican food, which consists of the following ingredients:

-tortillas
    -refried beans
    -carne asada
    -guacamole
    -pico de gallo
    -rice

Feel free to combine those in whatever order / quantities you like, you can't really go wrong.
  • tomatosoup3
    tomatosoup3 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »

haha! great recipe, and very low calorie :)
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »

HA!

For a tasty deSSert, I make a simple fruit crisp.

Chopped up apples, pears, plums, berries (whatever I have). Put enough in a baking dish to cover the bottom, top with oatmeal topping (below). You can add raisins, craisins, and nuts if you like. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes or until the fruit is soft when poked with a knife.

Oatmeal topping (mix all together):
    About a cup of oats
    About 1/2 cup of butter or substitute (I use earth balance vegan butter or coconut oil)
    About 1/2 cup of brown sugar

I don't know exactly how many calories. I don't measure to exact unless I'm really strict with my logging. I tried plugging this into MFP recipe builder and it crapped out on me twice with error messages, so I gave up. It is tasty and probably fairly low-calorie. Adding nuts and dried fruit will up the calorie count, but also nutrition level.
  • joinn68
    joinn68 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Freeze banana. Blend. banana ice cream.
  • ja20102004
    ja20102004 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    fruit salad? Smoothie?
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    sweet potato with butter and brown sugar =)
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt with lite cool whip and one once of kashi cereal or fiber one cereal for that crunch