Sweat rash

Tmi but I have a sweat rash all over my body since I've began working out. Using Vaseline and dry wick clothes but it keeps getting worse. What to do?

Replies

• cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    I would do the opposite honestly. I would use cornstarch or baby powder to dry it, not moisturize it with vaseline.
  • AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    There was a thread on this a while back. Basically it could be a condition related to hives (don't know remember the full English name anymore, basically a form of urticaria though.). You can prevent it by taking antihistamines.

I have a chronic form for which meds were the only thing that worked for me. Tried many salves but that made no change.
    So consider consulting your doctor :)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,052 Member
    AsISmile wrote: »
    There was a thread on this a while back. Basically it could be a condition related to hives (don't know remember the full English name anymore, basically a form of urticaria though.). You can prevent it by taking antihistamines.

I have a chronic form for which meds were the only thing that worked for me. Tried many salves but that made no change.
    So consider consulting your doctor :)

This, but in the meantime try using fragrance-free laundry detergent (all the major brands make this) and skipping the fabric softener.

http://health.clevelandclinic.org/2014/12/is-laundry-detergent-causing-your-childs-skin-rash/
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Sweat rash usually occurs in areas of friction. If it is all over your body it might be an allergic reaction, probably to laundry detergent or soap. Talk to your Dr about this.

For true sweat rash/friction areas I use Bag balm. It has some antibacterial properties. Always helps for the sweat gals I used to get in the summer.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,208 Member
    AsISmile wrote: »
    There was a thread on this a while back. Basically it could be a condition related to hives (don't know remember the full English name anymore, basically a form of urticaria though.).

Cholinergic urticaria. :+1:

OP, have you always gotten it whenever exercising hard, or is this a new thing?
  • miaelissa
    miaelissa Posts: 30 Member
    This is a new thing...but never exercised this much before
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Could be yeast, try monistat cream in the ladies product aisle. Could be fungus, try lotrimin ultra cream and zezorb af powder, in the athletes foot area. Could be folliculitis, bacteria, try neosporin.