Losing Weight to Get Pregnant

Options
Hi everyone my name is Kymbra and my husband and I are newlyweds. We want children very much and soon, but I was diagnosed at fifteen with PCOS. For those of you that don't know what PCOS is, it's a disorder that causes cysts to grow abnormally large on my ovaries and can cause several complications. Two of which are the decreased ability to lose weight and conceive.
That said, losing weight can make conceiving a reality for my husband and I. I am hoping that I am not alone and that I can meet and make friends on here that will support me in ways I can not support myself. I have held this weight for a very long time and I am ready to be healthy.
I know that looking and feeling better will come on as the weight comes off, but is anyone else on here losing weight for the same reason I am?

Replies

• Keffinger22
    Keffinger22 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I am! I literally made a similar post maybe about an hour ago! I have PCOS as well and my husband and I have been trying to get pregnant since April 2015 with no luck. I am 5ft 6 in at 232.2lbs and my goal is 145lbs. Hopefully we can support each other!
  • bananafana21
    bananafana21 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That's funny I just posted on yours, too. :) I'm 295 :( and working towards 170. I hope we can help each other out also. :)
  • kkaiser431
    kkaiser431 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I don't have PCOS but I'm trying to lose weight so my husband and I can get pregnant again! I need the motivation too! 255 trying to get down to 170. I'm 5'10.