With Faith and Persistance, You Can Obtain Your Personal Goals

Options
zouzcepn0cb1.png
It was July 7, 2014. I was a 48 year old, 5'7", 220 lb male with Type 1 diabetes. I had just left a doctors appointment with terrible lab results. A lifestyle change was in order. I started using MFP on that day. In September 2014, I started running, as a Planet Fitness opened around the corner from my home. I made myself run for 20 minutes that day, finishing at 1.67 miles. I thought I was going to die. Through faith and persistence, I kept with it. The picture is from a 5k I ran about 6 weeks ago. I placed 1st in my age group and 15th overall. There was 349 entries. (Granted I think the best runners entered the half marathon that day) It felt good. I have been maintaining a weight of 157-160 since February this year. My labs are good, and my doctor is happy. I thank God daily, and plan on continuing this path as long as I possibly can. Bottom line is, never quit. You can accomplish what you set your mind to.

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!