30 Day Shred

Options
I bought the 30 Day Shred and two 5lb weights today and will be starting tomorrow!! To the neighbors that live below me, I apologize in advance!! If anyone has any advice or tips going into this I would love to hear it!!

Replies

• hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Stick with it!
    Seriously.
    It's great.
    Don't give up!!
    I'm only six days into it.
    Add me if you want, we can support each other! [:
  • amymunn
    amymunn Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    definitely dont give up! i gave up the first time cuz i was so busy with school and now im into it the second time, almost done and i really see the difference!!

you can do it! its only 20 mins a day for 30 days, thats like nothingggg for the results you get.

Good luck :]
  • kriots
    kriots Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    i am on day 21 tomorrow! it is awesome, but starting with 5 pounds?! woah girl, well you go! i started out with 3, then stuck with 5.
  • jmjones66
    jmjones66 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 2. Jillian is brutal, but just stick with it. I hear the results are amazing!
  • im_victoria_duhh
    Options
    It's a great workout! Jillian will definitely kick your butt!! Good luck!
  • AmyBeth719
    AmyBeth719 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I love it!! I am starting it again once I get a new DVD player..mine broke! :o) Good luck!
  • SandersWifey
    SandersWifey Posts: 387
    Options
    If you get tired of Jillian's voice...crank up your own tunes!! I finished the 10 days of Level 1 and am now on Day 3 of Level 2 and since I am on a new level she isn't annoying me to bad! LOL
    But at about day 5 on level one I couldn't stand her voice and had to blast my own music to get through the rest of the 10 days on that level!
  • prtykekedd
    prtykekedd Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Today was day 2 for me....I'm gonna stick with it and you should too. I'm working with 3 lb weights and they are pretty easy when I first start but seem extra heavy in the end.
  • sandyfeet10
    sandyfeet10 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I use 2 lb weights because I'm a little wimpy!!! LOL!! I'm starting day 1 of level 2 tomorrow! I feel so much stronger and I love it!
  • 1ArmyMom1
    1ArmyMom1 Posts: 94
    Options
    Today was day 10 for me... I love it... stick with it... if you can't do every single rep at first, don't worry just keep at it and after a few days you'll notice your endurance getting better... don't give up!!
  • jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    YES! YES! YES! Day 19 here, and loving it! You will be sore the first few days, but push through it. Definitely worth it!
  • jalapenos
    jalapenos Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Today is Level 1 Day 3 for me. I couldn't stand to hear her voice after the first work out so I started jammin tunes on my second workout.... loving it! she kicks your butt and it is so worth the results! The pics I've seen are incredible! Go at it girl and add me if you want!!!
  • miriamtorason
    miriamtorason Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Day 21 for me, 26.75 inches gone. It is totally worth it. TOTALLY. Stick with it, it's absolutely worth it.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I also use 3lb weights.

And for sound and stuff, I actually unplug the audio cables from my tv, and plug in the audio cables for the ps2, that way I have the shred playing through my DVD player, and showing on my tv, but I have my music playing over the ps2, so I get the soundtrack of Rise Against, paired with the *kitten* kicking of Jillian Michaels! [:
  • elizabethdemulder
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! I'm going to take my before pictures either tonight or tomorrow morning and post them with what I hope to be amazing after shots in 30 days!! I'm also thinking that I may stop and pick up 3lb weigths on my way home from work tomorrow, I'm a little scared!!
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I made it to D6L3 and then I just could not bear the sound of her voice. The results are amazing and the definition in my arms is awesome and I could not even use the weights the whole time! I should start over to lose these last 10lbs. but maybe I will alternate between her and someone else. Good Luck!:flowerforyou:
  • Cherilea
    Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I plan on doing 30DS in July. So I gather you spend 10 days on each level? Unless you die first trying to get through Level 1 that is! :wink: I do have 5 lbs weights..should I go lighter than that?
  • sandyfeet10
    sandyfeet10 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    i found myself stretching my quads more than she does in the video. after my first few days of level 1, my quads were so sore! i stretch twice as long now.
  • nc1191
    nc1191 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I just bought a copy off ebay last night...I'm excited! :smile:
  • Soufsidekitho
    Soufsidekitho Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I completed DAY 2 of the 30DS shred (Level 1) and I love the workout. I'm using 5 lbs hand weights and I feel every burn. This is a good weight for me because I lift weights when I go to the body pump class at 24 hour fitness and also during the Zumba Sculpt and Tone DVD! But you have to work with a weight that's comfortable for you. The most important part, is that you're using the correct form! I'm excited about the 30DS. You are guaranteed to be sweating after those 20-25 minutes! Good Luck :happy: