Most memorable meal what was it?

Options
We all have memorable meals sometimes it's the place sometimes it's the people u r with .... What's urs

Replies

• KT_3009
    KT_3009 Posts: 1,042 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    If it's an unhealthy meal I love Lemon chicken and steamed rice but if I'm trying for a healthier option homemade Caesar wraps are delicious :) family dinners tend to be stressful for me as we are all picky haha
  • ohmyllama
    ohmyllama Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    For me, nothing beats Sloppy Joes down in Florida. My favorite place ever. Have such great memories there. Anything on the menu is fantastic!

At home, it has to be homemade curly fries. My mom and I used to make them, so that brings back great memories. Might have to break out the curly machine now that I'm thinking about it!
  • icantbelieveiamobese
    Options
    Thanks for ur stories ... I wish this thread took off and more people would write
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    It was a breakup date though I did not realize right away. The boy was a gentleman and took me to a very nice restaurant. It was filet mignon and I could cut it with a fork. It spoiled me for inferior cuts of beef for a while.

How about pairing that with perfectly prepared baby carrots and green beans?
  • icantbelieveiamobese
    Options
    Haha great story
  • GreenGoddess22
    GreenGoddess22 Posts: 3,818 Member
    Options
    Thanksgiving many years ago. It was the last time all my family would be together and be healthy. What I'd give to have my father and grandmother back for another Thanksgiving dinner!
  • icantbelieveiamobese
    Options
    Thanksgiving many years ago. It was the last time all my family would be together and be healthy. What I'd give to have my father and grandmother back for another Thanksgiving dinner!

I don't know u but tears have filled my eyes
  • 1320GO
    1320GO Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    The Belle Flur in Kapellen Belgium. Small place with only six tables. The chef came out and asked us what he could make for us. We said something local. He make venison in both a red and cream sauce and split it for two. He picked out the wines for each course and made incredible lobster appetizers. He was an older gentleman and came out and sat with us and told us stories of what it was like to be a child during the German occupation in World War II. It was a magical night. We said we could never go back because we did not want to spoil the memory of the evening.
  • icantbelieveiamobese
    Options
    Very cool story ... The two posts above me what was I was trying to get at when I thought of this post..... The stories and memories behind the food
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Good memorable -- any time I have all my daughters and my wife at the dinner table and I am cooking for them.

Bad memorable -- My mother and father came over for a BBQ. My father liked an occasional scotch, so I always kept a bottle for him at the bar. I went inside to make him a drink. As I was preparing his drink, my daughter ran in to tell me grandpa had fallen off his chair. Heart attack. I ran out and did CPR until the EMT's arrived, but he never regained consciousness and died within 24 hours.
  • strozman
    strozman Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Most memorable: I shared an almost over-ripe plum with a girl I was head-over-heals for. It was the most sexual and most memorable food experience I've ever had
  • Tomm88
    Tomm88 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    my ol grans soup..... people have tried making it.. no one succeeded
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    Surf and turf at The Steakhouse at Circus Circus in Las Vegas.
  • SugarBabyGirl
    SugarBabyGirl Posts: 7,026 Member
    Options
    Most memorable - I can't share the details but there was cake. :p

Runner up was probably one where my sister was working (chef) but her BF from the UK had come to spend the holidays with her. He came for Christmas dinner without her to protect him from the family... My 3 year old son noticed something on BF's tongue and asks about it. (pierced) BF is mortified as the entire family is now paying attention. The twin of the first one now notices that there is just the edge of a tattoo out the sleeve of BF's shirt. So he pushes up the sleeve and the tattoo seems to have no end in sight. By now second boy is standing on his chair and looks down the back of BF's shirt collar... and his back is covered too.. and then son scoots around to the front and pushes up the shirt to reveal even more ink. I was laughing so hard I couldn't stop him. BF eventually married my sis, so i guess he was okay with it.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I don'tknow .... I ate cactus a few years back.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    veg fest a couple weekends ago was pretty memorable still thinking about them nachos

oh that one time my dad tried my vegan carrot cake i made and loved it that made me happy
  • icantbelieveiamobese
    Options
    strozman wrote: »
    Most memorable: I shared an almost over-ripe plum with a girl I was head-over-heals for. It was the most sexual and most memorable food experience I've ever had[/quote
    I can't believe I didn't share a gif of that
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    steak tartare...my stepmother tried to make me eat it, I sat at the table for hours 'cause I refused to eat it
    Probably partially why I am a vegetarian now