Legs workout 3 days a week....

Options
Can anybody say who does legs workout thrice a week....as i m suffering from back pain...due to which i m unable to do uppeer body at this present moment...so i m tryingto fix it up my training sessions doing only legs thrice a week...is it fine to do like this...

Replies

• AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Are you sure the leg exercises are not aggravating the back issues?
    Have you been checked out by a doctor or physical therapist?

Mostly back pain comes from weak/imbalanced muscles. You should check that out, and if this is the case focus on strengthening exercises for those muscles rather than avoiding it... By only training legs, you could increase the imbalance...
  • pallavishani
    pallavishani Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    AsISmile wrote: »

Mostly back pain comes from weak/imbalanced muscles. You should check that out, and if this is the case focus on strengthening exercises for those muscles rather than avoiding it... By only training legs, you could increase the imbalance...

But by doing only legs...how can it aggravate back pain...
  • mandymay01
    mandymay01 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Everything is connected. If your hips are out of place or one leg is linger than the other it will give u back pain. If you dont have back pain when doing leg exercises go for it. Try stretching and yoga for your back. Epsion salt in the bath also
  • robs_ready
    robs_ready Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options

Do 5 sets of squats and tell me your back don't come into play :)
  • pallavishani
    Options
    mandymay01 wrote: »
    Everything is connected. If your hips are out of place or one leg is linger than the other it will give u back pain. If you dont have back pain when doing leg exercises go for it. Try stretching and yoga for your back. Epsion salt in the bath also

Ok...will surely try..doing epsom salt..
  • pallavishani
    Options
    roblloyd89 wrote: »

I dont do squats
  • AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    mandymay01 wrote: »
    Everything is connected. If your hips are out of place or one leg is linger than the other it will give u back pain.

Exactly, everything is connected. Furthermore, you use multiple muscles for exercises. For example, if you are unable to properly use your glutes, your body compensates by using your back muscles.
    Get it checked out to make sure it is not serious.

roblloyd89 wrote: »

I dont do squats

Why not?
  • ovidnine
    ovidnine Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I was going to suggest something like Smolov, but if you have an injured back that's really going to limit what you can or should do.

I'm actually trying to think of what sort of leg workout you could even do where the back doesn't come into play and except for stuff like hamstring curls, leg extensions, calf raises and the like, your back is really part of most leg work. Even lunges with DBs or kettleballs, you're still holding the weight with your arms that's putting pressure on your back.

I'd second (or third) the suggestion of getting checked out so you can figure out what's wrong and how to fix it and hopefully prevent it from happening again.
  • pallavishani
    Options
    ovidnine wrote: »
    I was going to suggest something like Smolov, but if you have an injured back that's really going to limit what you can or should do.

I'm actually trying to think of what sort of leg workout you could even do where the back doesn't come into play and except for stuff like hamstring curls, leg extensions, calf raises and the like, your back is really part of most leg work. Even lunges with DBs or kettleballs, you're still holding the weight with your arms that's putting pressure on your back.

I'd second (or third) the suggestion of getting checked out so you can figure out what's wrong and how to fix it and hopefully prevent it from happening again.

Well can i do only mind leg press,leg curls,legs extenion,abduction,and calf raises,3 days a week....i wont do squats and lunges...
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    What kind of back pain are you having? Have you been to a doctor?
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    ovidnine wrote: »

Well can i do only mind leg press,leg curls,legs extenion,abduction,and calf raises,3 days a week....i wont do squats and lunges...

Why won't you do 2 of the most effective leg exercises out there?
  • Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    What kind of back pain are you having? Have you been to a doctor?

That's a good question, more specifics would be good.

What lower body exercises are you currently doing?