To go or not to go????

Options
I am trying to decide if I want to put my gym membership on hold for the summer or not..... I have been riding bike about 4-5 times a week......with a minimum of 4.4 miles every time....also I am pulling my girls in the trailer behind me and its 70 + pounds! I am wondering if Its going to be enough! I love being outside and I am finding it hard to make myself go to the gym......plus my kids enjoy it as well as myself. What are your thoughts on this.....like is riding bike going to be enough exercise? I'm guessing the treadmill is probably better?!?!?!?!? Thanks everyone! :)

Replies

• hopebuck
    hopebuck Posts: 138
    Options
    I put mine on hold for the summer, i say save the money and get out there with your girls and ENJOY yourself!!!!!!!! I've been riding wiht my daughter on the back of my bike and i'm trying to do jm 30 day shred as well. :)
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I've been debating this as well as I'm currently training for a 1/2 marathon so I'll be running all summer!!! But, I want to keep strength training, so I'm thinking I'll keep going 2-3 times a week, even if it's for 30 minutes to lift weights! Mine's cheap enough I can afford it, but I hate being inside when I can be out running!!!

I guess it depends on your goals. Are you doing weight lifting? Classes? Is just being active your goal? If that's the case, the bike with the kids is amazing!!! Evaluate where you want to be in three months. If you're happy with the bike, suspend the membership. If you really want to lose big and tone up... keep going to the gym! It's all about perspective at this point. Either way, enjoy your summer!!!!
  • Mrs_TrimWaistFatWallet
    Options
    It depends what your goals are.. be realistic. If you expect to lose X pounds in 1 month, you may have to step it up a notch.. Biking outside is still great though! Good luck!
  • prettyinpinkagain
    prettyinpinkagain Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am a firm believer that if you invest the $$, you have more incentive to go. I need upper body strength training to boost my metabolism, so I need to hit the gym 3 times per week. Sounds like your lower body strength is amazing! Your decision is based upon your goals and what parts of the body you are concentrating on.

4398082.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    If you know you won't go for the summer save yourself the money and cancel it! But as soon as it's September and your girls are back in school or whatever, get it going again!
  • michelle_8106
    michelle_8106 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone....My problem area is really my stomach...I have noticed that is where most of my weight loss has been. I am also looking thinner in the face naturally but that's why I was asking......because if my stomach is the problem is it really going to help sitting on a bike. Thanks again!
  • ccckwalk
    ccckwalk Posts: 262
    Options
    I am doing the same thing, outdoor activities. Then when summer is over you will have missed it enough to be excited to be indooors! I think if you are moving you are doing good! Your kids probably love the ride too!
  • Mybetterme
    Mybetterme Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    It is nice to have the variety though and sometimes it is too hot to exercise outside and inconvenient too get up early or wait till later for it too be cool out. I have never regretted my gym membership. Sometimes I use it a lot sometimes a little either way it's always there.