Need to lose at least 30 lbs.

Options
Hello! My name is René. Due to positive and negative life circumstances, I turn to food for comfort. I am 5'6'' and currently 161 lbs. I've gained over 30 lbs in a year.

I'm ready to turn this around. It is time for me to take accountability for my eating behaviors. I would like to start or be a part of a community with people that have the same issues I do.

I'm tired of turning down invitations to go out, because I don't want to get ready. Not very many of my clothes fit, and I miss being excited to get ready to go out, to work and also to go shopping!

Not to mention I'm tired all of the time, I experience depression, and I eat, and then I feel bad. This is a cycle I will not live with any longer. I feel like I'm watching others live happy while I continue my cycle of eating and feeling bad.

I'm going to start with the Flat belly diet approach. I'm looking to cut down on processed foods, dairy and empty carbs. I'm really looking for some support, and I can also give support. I am committing to go to the YMCA and take 3 to 4 fitness classes per week.

Plus I'm
Actually funny.

Replies

• lindseymccrary26
    Options
    Keep your head up! You can do it:)
    I know how it feels being depressed about a mirror image and clothes not fitting and staying inside while others live there life.
  • GlamourousOutsider
    Options
    Thank you for your kind words! I don't talk about this to many people. I try but they don't understand. I figure this is a good place.

I'm looking to make a slow but steady lifestyle change. I know it'll take time. It's worth it!
  • GlamourousOutsider
    Options
    Thank you so much!
  • KevinPsalm23v4
    KevinPsalm23v4 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Your worth consists in what you are and not in what you have (Thomas Edison). ** I too know what it is like and like you I've been through some negative and positive moments whereas I turn to food. Just recently with some "negative" moments, I've lost weight - mind you it was WAY TOO unhealthy the amount I've lost over the past 90-days BUT I refuse to let an incident decide the outcome of my life. I would love to help albeit words of encouragement at most but an opportunity to help nonetheless.
  • hollynelson247
    hollynelson247 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Rene, my name is Holly. I am going through a lot of the same things. I've gained about 30 lbs in the last year due to a job change and some personal issues that I let get me down and way off track. Been here before, 10 years ago I lost 105 lbs over 2 years, so I know I can do this again :) I found during those 2 years that you just have to start and stay committed. It's amazing how many things changed in my life when I lost all that weight. I want to get back to feeling good again!! This time I want to focus on better nutrition and being more fit. It is definitely a life style change and you have to find something you can live with!

I just a fitbit and linked it to My Fitness Pal and it's only day 1. So if you need a friend to start with you can add me.
  • GlamourousOutsider
    Options
    Thank you!!! It's good to know its not just me. It's crazy how much this has made me feel isolated. I finally feel fed up with it!
  • drywall_painter
    drywall_painter Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Just want to add my comments, I go through the same things, you're not alone. I am 20 lbs away from my goal weight and it feels like the biggest , unattainable , impossible task right now. All I can do is make it through today, tomorrow will have to wait til tomorrow!! I work out moderately & my diet is hit or miss, thats the area for me to focus on.

Be strong and focused !! You can do it !
  • GlamourousOutsider
    Options
    Thank you!! I agree. One day at a time. I need to remember this when I get dressed. Ha
  • CherylG1983
    CherylG1983 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I've been following the 21-Day Fix eating plan. I've lost 45 pounds over the past year and a half and hit a plateau recently, which is when I switched to that plan. I can send along the information if you like.

*NOTE: I am NOT a Beachbody coach! I'm not trying to sell you anything! I have all the measurements and tools WITHOUT having to buy the containers or anything!!! :D:D
  • GlamourousOutsider
    Options
    I have friends that are in it and have had great results!!! I'd love some info!!!!! Thank you so much!
  • FloridaLiz
    FloridaLiz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Rene! I can relate to your struggles. I am 5'6" and 170. 2 years ago, I committed to exercise & healthy eating and lost 22 pounds (from 172 to 150) and felt great! Then I got pregnant with #4. I had a fit pregnancy and only gained 20 lbs. After I delivered, I was 157! Then with the lack of sleep, post partum depression and emotional eating, I gained it all back. Then I felt so bad, that I gave up trying.
    I decided that today I will begin doing what I did before. I got up and exercised and had a healthy breakfast, then logged in for support & found your post. Your openess encouraged me!
    Thanks for sharing and good luck to you!
  • GlamourousOutsider
    Options
    I'm so glad!!! Isn't it amazing how instantly you start to feel better when taking action? I try and remember how good I feel and how much easier my life flows when I'm in tune with my body.