Get on a bike

Having reached an age where running is starting to cause more issues than it solves 2016 is going to be a year dedicated to riding my bike. I'm lucky enough to live in a beautiful country blessed with mostly good weather. I managed an average of 1 ride per week last year according to Strava. Any other bikers out there?

Replies

• tcaley4
    tcaley4 Posts: 416 Member
    There is a group of us that have a monthly thread that we report our rides in, and any comments about the ride.
    Come and join us.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/34717850#Comment_34717850
  • FrankWhite27330
    FrankWhite27330 Posts: 316 Member
    I am the same avg 1 ride a week..
  • peterscargill
    peterscargill Posts: 10 Member
    I seem to ebb and flow. I get in the grove and get 3 or 4 rides in then work or holidays break my routine and I don't get out for weeks. I was slightly disappointed in myself that given the climate and opportunities I have to ride I actually get out so little.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,467 Member
    I have been an avid cyclist for about 25 years now. :)
  • lisaconklin957
    lisaconklin957 Posts: 17 Member
    I'm a cyclist but unfortunately crashed on the bike of a tri in October, breaking my leg. It's driving me nuts to be sedentary and on crutches :( hoping to start walking in 2 weeks then get on the indoor trainer. I love riding so much!
  • peterscargill
    peterscargill Posts: 10 Member
    Hope your recovery goes well. With it getting darker earlier I think I might restart spinning to build up my fitness.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Hope your recovery goes well. With it getting darker earlier I think I might restart spinning to build up my fitness.

Or get a trainer for your own bike. I do a group spin weekly with my tri club but most of my indoor riding over the winter is on my own road bike & I use a variety of workouts (Spinervals, free stuff on youtube....) keeps the bike fitness up & your on your own bike.