Goals through holiday season...

Options
Holiday season is always tough to stay motivated for me. I usually over indulge and have one or ten to many drinks. But this year I decided I want to keep my focus and not feel bad once it's over! I proportion my food but still ate what I wanted. I had a few drinks, key word FEW lol! Basically my goal is to stay consistent but still have fun and enjoy myself.

What are your goals this holiday season to stay motivated and dedicated?

Replies

• snowdancer03
    snowdancer03 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    My goal is to stay under my calorie budget everyday between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Then I figured that gave me the right to eat supper yummy food in Thanksgiving and Christmas.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Moderation of all foods.
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    I will have a few days (Thanksgiving and two Christmas celebrations) where I will not pre-plan my meals. I'll just aim to eat what I like and not binge. Probably more gingerbread cookies than I really should have, but it will be delicious.

A few days are not going to derail me physically, and unlike in the past, I now refuse to allow them to derail me mentally.
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Eyes on the prize for me. Eat up to maintenance if I have to, make what i eat fit my calorie allotment. Not drinking as much alcohol as I did during the summer, so the holidays will be easier to deal with for sure. Watching the scale drop gives me motivation, but my biggest drops aren't daily or even weekly sometimes. I just have perseverance and determination which gets me through every day/month.
  • bago08
    bago08 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Ive been trying to get a 1000 calorie work out every time I know I have an event where Im going to be having cocktails and a large meal. I was able to maintain through Thanksgiving. I hope to lose between thanksgiving and Christmas and then maintain through the new year and then hit it hard again in Jan
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    I will indulge on Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. All the other days will be business as usual.
  • PeiDub
    PeiDub Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have a family party on December 12th that I plan to indulge. I won't log but I plan on eating mindfully this year.

That's pretty much it though. My social life isn't all there this year and many of the things I usually do on Christmas eve and Christmas aren't happening this year so it should be fairly easy.
  • Working2BLean
    Working2BLean Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    My goal was to get in 100 miles on my bike over
    Thanksgiving holiday to make sure I burnt all the pie and stuffing off

I finished out with 103 and just did an hour of fast walking on the treadmill

My goal is really to just be responsible for what I eat.i used to thing the holidays made me gain weight. They don't. Me keeping that fork moving towards my face does!

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I plan on eating sensibly from now until Christmas, & try to keep my snacking at bay. This year for Christmas I am only eating my favorite foods or the foods I don't eat that often compared to last year where I ate everything in sight.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Build back up the distance of my long runs.
    Get my butt in the gym even though it's dark and gloomy when I leave work/get out of bed.
    Make mince pies that don't look like a three year old made them (and then accidentally sat on them).
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    yayamom3 wrote: »
    I will indulge on Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. All the other days will be business as usual.

Yep.
  • swim777
    swim777 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Planning to keep to my routine exercise and diet wise as much as possible with the exception of Christmas Eve and day. I still manage to eat out on the weekend a little so I don't feel deprived.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,951 Member
    Options
    My plan is to stick to my diet + increase my exercise for the next 3 weeks. If all goes well, I hope to drop to my goal weight in that time. So close!

Then I'll take approx. a 2-week diet break.

But I'll still exercise a lot. I have 10 days off during those 2 weeks, and plan to spend a lot of that time cycling, walking, and weightlifting.

Early January, I'll reassess the situation. Either I'll just move into maintenance or I might resume the diet till the end of the month. Depends how my 2-week diet break goes. :grin:
  • kobie_woolf
    kobie_woolf Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You guys are killin in! Keep it up through the holidays!
  • RWayne48
    RWayne48 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    my goal is to keep increasing the exercise (injury recovery so taking it slow), to be consistent with the exercise and to have moderation with food.
    Motivation :s - I meet with the nutritionist January 6th for a weigh in and we agreed on a 10 lb wt loss by then - that was 2 months ago and I'm still at the same weight.
    I will do the best I can - what my body allows for exercise and keep up the healthy eating
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    To get through winter and not lose ground. Maintain my weight, and stay disciplined. Holiday season will just be a very short break, I am much more worried about the 3 long months of cold winter we get that usually derails me.
    So far, so good
  • Working2BLean
    Working2BLean Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Christmas is just bad weather for riding outside

So it will be more running and swimming

I really don't plan to mess myself up for Christmas

Kind of opposite of everything I am doing in life
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I'm in the process of gaining so my goal is not to OVER gain. It can be tricky because I have to find certain days to eat under, yet still stay in a surplus.

More than food/calories I'm concerned about getting all my workouts in, especially the week of christmas.