New.......Not So New

Options
Hi all! Here I am once again. I have finally hit rock bottom with my weight. I have never been this big before in my life and I hate it!!!! I am here to change my habits once and for all. I want my health back and I want my life back. I'm tired of making excuses and I am ready to put in the work to get my old self back. I am ashamed to even go out of my house anymore. I have over 150 pounds to lose (omg!!!!! that's horrible). I am in this for the long haul no matter what it takes. Blood, sweat, tears and all. I would like to have friends to share this journey with. Hope you all have a great day!

Replies

• elizabeth22133
    elizabeth22133 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I had the same thing! I lost all the weight I wanted too, and then gained it all back. Told myself I'd never get above 200 and here I am! So here I go again too! It's so difficult!
  • itsnowornever77
    itsnowornever77 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You ain't lying! This is the hardest thing I have ever faced. Losing weight is no joke! I'll send you a friend request.
  • Becky_p1972
    Becky_p1972 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm back too. It's a very tough thing for sure. I need to change the way I eat as well as incorporate more movement into my life. I don't want to let things get out of control.
  • itsnowornever77
    Options
    Hi Becky! Girl..... I let things get way out of control. I'm sitting here thinking what the heck happened?!?!?! I tried doing intuitive eating, but there's a point when you have to stop if all you are doing is gaining weight. They say that's normal, but 30 pounds in a couple months.........ummmmm, no! I need to get my eating under control before ever trying that again. When they say give yourself freedom to eat what you want, oh boy did I.
  • ginger0376
    ginger0376 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm back again too. I can't tell you how many times I've stopped and restarted MFP, and how many other diets and other programs I've tried, to no avail. Because I never seem to be able to follow through with them. Even if I start seeing a difference and progress, I always give up. On myself. I have no excuses, or good ones. I'm sure my depression has something to do with it. But getting healthy and losing weight would help my depression, I would think. So I don't know why I've never followed through with anything. But every time, I hate myself more because I gain more weight and when I start again I think, "if only I stuck with it, I would've lost weight or achieved my goal, but instead I'm here starting over with more weight to lose". Now I feel like I'm so disgusted with myself that I have to do something. It's now or never. So here I am. I need to incorporate better eating habits into my life, and start becoming more active. Feel free to send me a friend request if you want to head down this road together :smile:
  • itsnowornever77
    Options
    Hi Ginger! I suffer from depression too and food makes me happy. That is my problem. I am a huge emotional eater and I would binge every day. I had the urge to binge last night, but thankfully I didn't. I can't even tell you how many times I have given up in the past, but I'm not this time. I need to do this so I have a better quality of life. We WILL get through this!! :)
  • bago08
    bago08 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Once you start seeing some results not just in weight loss but the ease of exercise obtaining numbers becomes addictive and the depression goes away. WOrk the program and in two weeks youll feel better than you have in a long time.
  • itsnowornever77
    Options
    Thank you bago! I'm looking forward to feeling better.