Need some low carb idea

findingfit23
findingfit23 Posts: 845 Member
edited September 28 in Food and Nutrition
Getting tired of the same old stuff. What are your favorite go to meals? Desserts?

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Go to dlife.com and click on recipes. It will give you the option to choose recipes by the amount of carbs, calories, protein, fat. I love it! I can choose from tons of what I need to fit into my goal.
  • Bethany28
    Bethany28 Posts: 263
    I don't have any yet, but I would like to see what others say. I am also on the low carb lifestyle.
  • sandyfeet10
    sandyfeet10 Posts: 280 Member
    my on the run foods are power crunch protein bars ( i think they have 10 grams of carbs in it and 14 grams of protein) and string cheese.

i also keep little bags of nuts in my car for when i get hungry and i'm on the run.
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Oh my gosh, I have so many! My two favourites currently are:

Low Carb Mozzerella Sticks:

1/2oz pork rinds (ground into breadcrumb like consistancy)
    1tsp onion powder
    1tsp garlic powder
    1tsp italian seasoning
    salt & pepper
    2 string cheese sticks (cut into halves)
    1 egg

You grind up the pork rinds in a plastic bag, add all the spices. Cut the mozerella sticks in half, drege in the egg then into the spice pork rind mixture. You can either pan fry or bake in the oven at 375 for ~10m. DELICIOUS! And no carb unless you're using string cheese with carbs in it...

Garlic Chicken Parmesean

4oz boneless, skinless chicken breast tenderloins
    1tbsp EVOO
    Ms Dash Garlic & Herb (idk how much, just a TON)
    Salt/Pepper
    Fresh Garlic
    1tbsp light ceasar dressing
    1/4 cup shredded parmesean

Dice tenderloins and sautee in a pan with EVOO and spices. When cooked through, turn heat on low and add dressing. Cover and let simmer for ~5m. Then sprinkle parmesean on top, recover just until cheese melts. Serve by itself OR also works great on a ceasar salad or in a low carb wrap for lunch.My recipe is about 2 carbs for this entire serving - all from the dressing.
  • Hannah_Banana
    Also, taco salads (taco meat/cheese/sour cream/lettuce/diced veggies) are a great dinner.

I make hamburgers a lot - no bun, just a little cheese and a GREAT hamburger seasoning thats my fiance's family's secret recipe. It really is a secret or I would tell you :laugh:

Also, check out that recipe for the crock pot cheeseburgers. I've started making this and it is DELICIOUS. :love: :love: :love:
  • findingfit23
    findingfit23 Posts: 845 Member
    Thanks for the great ideas!
  • Meganne1982
    Meganne1982 Posts: 451
    My favorite breakfast and lunch both involve avocados- the best fruit in the world!

Breakfast (thanks to a friend here)- Green eggs and ham:
    Mashed avocado mixed with mashed up hardboiled eggs and some bacon bits (I like to add hot sauce)

Lunch- Meganne's Magic Tuna Salad
    Mashed avocado with one can drained tuna and diced green pepper (I add hot sauce to this too)

Current favorite dinner- sausage and veggies
    I slice up chicken sausage, zucchini, and yellow squash (sometimes mushrooms too).
    I cook them on the stove with lotsa olive oil and seasonings (I usually use sea salt, black pepper, onion and garlic powders)

my favorite low carb snack food is macadamia nuts or almonds :)
  • LaJauna
    LaJauna Posts: 336 Member
    http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/index.html

This is my favorite go-to recipe site. It is the best and there is a picture for every recipe and comments on how they turn out! Enjoy exploring!
  • Bethany28

1tsp onion powder
    1tsp garlic powder
    1tsp italian seasoning
    salt & pepper
    1 egg

You grind up the pork rinds in a plastic bag, add all the spices. Cut the mozerella sticks in half, drege in the egg then into the spice pork rind mixture. You can either pan fry or bake in the oven at 375 for ~10m. DELICIOUS! And no carb unless you're using string cheese with carbs in it...

Garlic Chicken Parmesean

4oz boneless, skinless chicken breast tenderloins
    1tbsp EVOO
    Ms Dash Garlic & Herb (idk how much, just a TON)
    Salt/Pepper
    Fresh Garlic
    1tbsp light ceasar dressing
    1/4 cup shredded parmesean

Dice tenderloins and sautee in a pan with EVOO and spices. When cooked through, turn heat on low and add dressing. Cover and let simmer for ~5m. Then sprinkle parmesean on top, recover just until cheese melts. Serve by itself OR also works great on a ceasar salad or in a low carb wrap for lunch.My recipe is about 2 carbs for this entire serving - all from the dressing.

I am going to try the mozzerella sticks!
  • Bethany28
    Also, taco salads (taco meat/cheese/sour cream/lettuce/diced veggies) are a great dinner.

I make hamburgers a lot - no bun, just a little cheese and a GREAT hamburger seasoning thats my fiance's family's secret recipe. It really is a secret or I would tell you :laugh:

Also, check out that recipe for the crock pot cheeseburgers. I've started making this and it is DELICIOUS. :love: :love: :love:

Think I will be making the taco salad soon! Do you use the taco seasoning on the meat? And do you use taco sauce as dressing?
  • timeforme23
    timeforme23 Posts: 461
    My favorite breakfast and lunch both involve avocados- the best fruit in the world!

Mashed avocado mixed with mashed up hardboiled eggs and some bacon bits (I like to add hot sauce)

Mashed avocado with one can drained tuna and diced green pepper (I add hot sauce to this too)

I love these ideas!!!! Thank you :-)
  • et57
    et57 Posts: 20 Member
    Okay, well you know my lack of skill in the kitchen, but what about asparagus spears wrapped in ham or prosciutto? That could be a snack, or part of your meal depending on how many you make. Plus, you will feel fancy!

You could make a lasagna (I can't!) using thin strips of zucchini in place of the noodles. As long as you don't use a sugar filled sauce, the carbs should be a lot lower.

I like to saute different greens in vegetable broth with garlic for a side dish, and sauteeing mushrooms with garlic and onion can be really yummy and filling.

Make a mushroom pizza by topping a portabella mushroom with garlic, pizza sauce and mozzarella then cooking (I actually nuke it for a minute!)

Just a few. As you see, not a lot of skill involved...
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    http://www.kalynskitchen.com/

Lots of great recipes here.
  • et57
    et57 Posts: 20 Member
    Ooh and one of my faves - fill half an avocado with fresh pico de gallo.
  • My favorite breakfast and lunch both involve avocados- the best fruit in the world!

I love these ideas!!!! Thank you :-)

Yumm!!! I love avocados and love the idea of mixing it with eggs for breakfast! Thanks for the idea;)

My dinner tonight was low carb and so yummy! Stuffed portabello mushrooms
    http://www.cleaneatingmag.com/Recipes/Recipe/Overflowing-Stuffed-Portobellos.aspx

I also make a zuccini/eggplant casserole with "creamy" filling made of beans. Its delicious and really low calorie:)
    http://ohsheglows.com/2010/10/25/layered-eggplant-and-zucchini-casserole/
  • Hannah_Banana

Think I will be making the taco salad soon! Do you use the taco seasoning on the meat? And do you use taco sauce as dressing?

Yep! I definately use taco seasoning, can't live without it. And occassionally I will use taco sauce, but its normally so meaty that the meat sauce works all by itself!
  • Meganne1982
    Meganne1982 Posts: 451
    Desserts?

Some full-fat, unsweetened coconut milk blended with berries.

I also will sometimes take a scoop of almond butter, a scoop of cream cheese, and a few drops of liquid stevia and mix it all up. It's like a little cup of almond cheesecake. Soooo tasty.

Also very very dark chocolate is pretty low carb (lotsa fiber, little sugar). I buy the endangered species organic brand, at 88%. Just a small piece takes care of chocolate cravings... and sometimes I'll dip it in almond butter!
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member

1tsp onion powder
    1tsp garlic powder
    1tsp italian seasoning
    salt & pepper
    1 egg

Wow, I cannot wait to make this! Thank you!
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member

1tsp onion powder
    1tsp garlic powder
    1tsp italian seasoning
    salt & pepper
    1 egg

Hannah, I just made these today and I just want to thank you soooo entirely much for this recipe! I brought a batch to my mom's house and she fell in love. Thank you sooo much for, literally, the best tasting mozzarella sticks I've ever had! :-D
This discussion has been closed.