Calorie intake vs pounds loss data

Options
Hello, I was wondering if I should be discouraged because it keeps saying I'm not getting enough calories but when I add in the food I eat it keeps adding pounds to the projected weight in 5 weeks. I started 3 days ago and was happy at first with the 5 week projected weight but still under the calorie intake amount today and it has added almost 8 pounds. Does anyone have any insight on this or should I be discouraged? Thanks

Replies

• alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    the 5 week projection isn't always right. you shouldn't base much on it =]
  • katiespruce
    Options
    mine fluctuates all the time. one day it'll say 'll be 148.9 one day it'll say 132.4 soooo imo id say just try and keep a balanced diet and when u find tht ur weight at the bottom starts to look about where ur goal is then continue with tht plan :) but thts just wat im trying to do :)
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Truly you should ignore the 5 week projection. BUT if you are constantly under 1200 NET it will show a slower weight loss due to starvation mode. Focus on 1200 cals and go from there if you feel you arent losing at 1200 net up your excercise. But you have to give 2-6 weeks for a change in calories to effect your weight
  • tuffie565
    tuffie565 Posts: 22
    Options
    So do I stay at 1200 calories a day or do I try to keep a 0 balance after the exercise for the day. Today it added in calories for exercise and I went over the 1200 calories by 100 and it said I was still under the caloric intake.
  • gertbyc
    gertbyc Posts: 10
    Options
    Someone can feel free to correct me on this, but I think the projected weight loss is misleading if you are eating below your calorie requirement. For example, if you consume only 800 calories on a particular day, it will show a seemingly wonderful and rapid projected weight loss for the five weeks based on daily diet of 800 calories. In reality, your body will go into starvation mode and you'll have a much more difficult time losing weight and most likely end up gaining.

I kind of wish they would somehow disable the projected weight loss notification for anything under your minimum calorie intake since it just fuels disordered eating behavior. However, it is motivating for me when I am getting the proper nutrition to peek into the future...
  • Arizona_JR
    Arizona_JR Posts: 275
    Options
    I just laugh at it. There are too many variables to consider for that little number to be accurate. Don't sweat it. :smile: