My Before and Afters

Options
vmccullouch
vmccullouch Posts: 16 Member
I work with teenagers and don't feel comfortable having bikini shots posted out in the open, so you're getting fully clothed versions. I started running a year ago in March. A couple girls I work with and I had the goal of running a huge local 15k, I wanted to lose weight and feel good, but I didn't control my eating. When the runger struck, I fed the beast! So I only lost about 8 pounds.

I joined a biggest loser challenge in my photography community for motivation to get my weight under control. I went from 143 to 126 in about 10 weeks and won the challenge. My final goal weight was 120, and I've reached it. The last 10 pounds were he hardest to shed - I couldn't have done it without the resources on MFP.

Today I ran a 10k that I ran last year, I'm embarrassed to show my before picture, but here you go. This year/last year. Same race. Not only have I lost 30 pounds since then, last year's time was 1:11:23, this year's time was 53:30 (hungover to boot!). Working out and watching calories do make a difference!

beforeandafter.jpg

I hope this inspires someone, when I'm having a rough day and want to raid the cupboards, reading about other people's successes always helps.

Replies

• thelandofwin
    Options
    Try making the [IMG]lowercase into [ img ] (without the spaces) Edit: Fantastic progress! You look fabulous![/img]
  • abalicious
    abalicious Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    you look so good!!!
  • stephy52604
    stephy52604 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    beforeandafter.jpg

Amazing work!!
  • IrishChick71
    IrishChick71 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I work with teenagers and don't feel comfortable having bikini shots posted out in the open, so you're getting fully clothed versions. I started running a year ago in March. A couple girls I work with and I had the goal of running a huge local 15k, I wanted to lose weight and feel good, but I didn't control my eating. When the runger struck, I fed the beast! So I only lost about 8 pounds.

I joined a biggest loser challenge in my photography community for motivation to get my weight under control. I went from 143 to 126 in about 10 weeks and won the challenge. My final goal weight was 120, and I've reached it. The last 10 pounds were he hardest to shed - I couldn't have done it without the resources on MFP.

Today I ran a 10k that I ran last year, I'm embarrassed to show my before picture, but here you go. This year/last year. Same race. Not only have I lost 30 pounds since then, last year's time was 1:11:23, this year's time was 53:30 (hungover to boot!). Working out and watching calories do make a difference!

beforeandafter.jpg

I hope this inspires someone, when I'm having a rough day and want to raid the cupboards, reading about other people's successes always helps.

ETA: You look awesome!! Fantastic job!
  • canelly
    canelly Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Wow you look so good!! Great inspiration since I have similar weight lose I'm 151 and I wanna be 124 this makes me feel like it's possible and that I can do it thanks!!! ; )
  • bmramsey0614
    bmramsey0614 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! CONGRATS!
  • janew68
    janew68 Posts: 37
    Options
    You look sooo fantastic and are such an inspiration to me!!! I had a baby 4 months ago and am currently stagnant at my weight of 141.4lbs. I'm going to start jogging/running again soon and I'm hoping that will be the kicker to get me over this plateau and at my goal weight of about 122lbs. Thank you so much for posting!!!!
  • vmccullouch
    vmccullouch Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Aww, thanks!
  • sweebeesmom
    sweebeesmom Posts: 148
    Options
    wow you look great! 120 is my goal too! great work!
  • Collinsky
    Collinsky Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    You look terrific!!
  • Newkell
    Newkell Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    congratulations! What a difference a year has made! You earned it
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Wow you GREAT!! Congrats!!
  • SueHerm
    SueHerm Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful, and you are such an inspiration. I used to be a runner, but my knees decided against it. Now I'm working to lose some weight so I can try running again, without the extra stress on my knees, and with lower mileage.
  • suzikelley
    suzikelley Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING!! Thanks for sharing your pictures - so motivating!! :)
  • Hyster1
    Hyster1 Posts: 75
    Options
    You look awesome!!!! Great work. I hope you are having a better day!!!!:happy:
  • vsyates
    vsyates Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Fantabulous!!!
  • appy213
    appy213 Posts: 3
    Options
    That's awesome, what an insperation. :smile: You look GREAT!
  • StacLegg
    StacLegg Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    wow!!!

thanks so much for sharing..... makes me wanna go out and run..... if only my legs weren't killing me!! =)
  • michelle_8106
    michelle_8106 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    AMAZING! Thanks for sharing! this is just what I needed tonight! :) You look GREAT!
  • 2BabyMama
    2BabyMama Posts: 65
    Options
    You look so fit and healthy...congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!