Live Yogurt

Options
Hey guys bit of a boring question but one I must ask! I have swapped from low-fat, high-sugar yogurts such as Yoplait to a live culture, natural yogurt but i'm really struggling with the taste! My sweetnss has been replaced with a bitter, almost sour milk taste and I was wondering if anybody has any tips for sweetening it up? I had it on fruit last night and noticed it but this morning it was overpowering :-( Any tips??

Thanks

Replies

• jujubean1992
    jujubean1992 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    a few vanilla wafers if you want a more real sweet treat. or half a banana if you want just a little.
  • isldgoddes
    Options
    Maybe try and artificial sweetener? Just a suggestion..
  • Kym1610
    Kym1610 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    try a tea spoon of your favourite Jam or other preserve
  • mad4beinhere
    mad4beinhere Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    You could try mixing it with 100 to 250mls of skim Milk and some frozen mixed berries. Added to that could be some Natures Way Protein Powder 27grams to make up a shake in a blender. You get the live culture and added extras with minimal calories and a great meal.
  • KarenLouise1981
    Options
    a few vanilla wafers if you want a more real sweet treat. or half a banana if you want just a little.

Ooh vanilla wafers - i've never heard of them but that could work maybe? Thanks!

And I considered the artificial sweetner thing too but then thought I may as well stay with yoplait lol! :laugh:
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    I can sprinkle 1/4 of a teaspoon on top of my yogurt and it tastes sweet without adding anywhere nearly as many grams of sugar as are in the regular super-sweetened stuff. When it's the first thing that hits your tastebuds, you don't need nearly as much to get the job done!
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Yes! Wafers are yummy!
  • KarenLouise1981
    Options
    I can sprinkle 1/4 of a teaspoon on top of my yogurt and it tastes sweet without adding anywhere nearly as many grams of sugar as are in the regular super-sweetened stuff. When it's the first thing that hits your tastebuds, you don't need nearly as much to get the job done!

Great idea! I only have about 100mls 1-2 times a day so that teeny amount would do the job nicely! I just got horrified at how much sugar is in those processed yogurts and im hoping the cultures help my belly as the fibre isn't doing it's job as promised :blushing:

Also the fruit makes a huge difference I think - i put it on sport cereal this morning as I had a heavy training day and it just tasted disgusting! yak yak yak!!!