What are quick exercises to get toned fast?

Options
Does anyone know of quick toning exercises that I should be doing daily to be able to see my six pack?

Replies

• HankD50
    HankD50 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Abs are made in the kitchen.
  • meethan
    meethan Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    This is the truth, which is why I'm starting paleo.
  • jacklifts
    jacklifts Posts: 396 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Deadlifting 3x your bodyweight with a normal bmi will tone your six pack
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    meethan wrote: »
    This is the truth, which is why I'm starting paleo.

Is eating paleo going to ensure you're eating in a calorie deficit? That's what he meant.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Being able to see you six pack has strictly to do with how low your body fat is. This has strictly to do with your calorie intake, specifically creating a deficit.
  • Pandora_and_her_box
    Options
    Being able to see you six pack has strictly to do with how low your body fat is. This has strictly to do with your calorie intake, specifically creating a deficit.

Yup. I had amazing abs a while back, sadly they were covered in a layer of fat so no-one could see them! :'( You need really low body fat for a six pack, I don't know if this is something that can be achieved by a quick fix.
  • GetThatRunnersHigh
    GetThatRunnersHigh Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    According to BuiltLean, abs start peaking out around 14% body fat and are fully visible at 10% (for men), assuming that you have a decent amount of muscle mass and isn't just skinny. Made in the gym, revealed in the kitchen.

body-fat-percentage-picture-men-women.jpg

To answer your question, dehydration is "fast". Not recommended, but fast.
  • mysherman
    mysherman Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Body squats are qui te effective when done with proper form to tolerance.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    meethan wrote: »
    Does anyone know of quick toning exercises that I should be doing daily to be able to see my six pack?

The best exercises are fork put downs and table push aways. You can't spot reduce fat - keep a reasonable caloric deficit and it will eventually come off. But there won't be anything "quick" about it. Read the first post in this thread, it has a lot of helpful information.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,671 Member
    Options
    There are none. Truth.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • meethan
    meethan Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys!!
  • Working2BLean
    Working2BLean Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    It really does not matter much what
    You do as long as you remove body fat

I ride and run.

It has taken me serious time to have a few times dipping into 12.5 % body fat. I live normally at 13-14%

It is just keeping the calories down and some core exercise

I like deadlifts and kettle bell swings

When you get your torso lean, kettle bell swings work your lower abs and hip flexors. The V. Weighted bending downward crunches using a cable pull doen machine will build up the actual abdominal muscles

But as many others have said, lowering your body fat will take the blanket off those muscles.