Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Moving on from the weekend

Weekend just gone was a relaxed affair and I ate out for three meals and drank alcohol on two nights. All my own choice . My weekends are not usually like this so I decided to embrace it with moderation, and enjoy time with hubs and friends.

However I learnt quite a bit .....firstly I've changed I did not like feeling full at all and by Sunday evening there was no other word for it. I felt uncomfortable and having missed a run and an exercise class very sluggish, this feeling was not nice. I Was Thankful for Monday and what I now consider normal eating , this was a shock to how much I craved my healthier choices. I recognise now that I much prefer the feeling of working out and eating well compared to indulgence abd slobbing on the sofa.

However I've also realised that the occasional weekend out is just that occasional and it will not mean all my hard work is undone. I logged it , enjoyed it (to a point) and have moved .

I think I've finally decided who I want to be :)

Replies

• claired789
    claired789 Posts: 7 Member
    This is amazing!! Great job ☺ I too have reached that point, it's such a great feeling isn't it! I think it's really important to make healthy eating a lifestyle, rather than a diet or chore. That way, you can still be social (dine out, have a wine or two) while also remembering your core health values and keeping everything in moderation.

Keep it up!
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    You hit the nail on the head with this post. It's perfectly fine to loosen up every now and then for a day or 2. That's why we work so hard at being healthy and fit. 1 weekend out of a month or 2 is not going to derail our progress. Keep on rocking it!