I can't see much of a difference after 50 lbs. Can you?

Options
I thought I would feel so skinny after losing 50 lbs (even still with some weight to lose) but I don't feel anything like I thought I would feel. I still feel fat as hell! Is this normal?

kTBlzqn.jpg

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Honestly you barely look like the same man. You have to let your mind catch up to your body. And in the meantime celebrate your success and know that you look very handsome.
  • Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Definitely different.. For the BETTER.. Good job, keep it up!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Compare your current self to what you were not what you wish to see in your mind. It's impossible NOT to see a diff after 50 lbs. are you taking progress pics of your body and measurements??
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    You look very different. I know it's hard to tell when you look at yourself, but yes, the difference is very noticeable.

You actually have a real jawline now, a well-defined chin, and the bit of a second chin you were working on is gone. Your cheeks are definitely thinner too.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    You don't tend to see that much progress in just a head shot, particularly not 50lbs worth. And change in lighting, facial hair, pose and positioning of camera makes a comparison difficult

Your last thread of this ilk said you had lost 60lbs

It must have come from somewhere so I'm pretty sure there's progress

Still think you could do with working on your self confidence though
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Chin cleft and jawline! Huge change! I have lost over 50 as well and did not really notice until I looked through some albums. Amazing how the mirror stays the same. Just like I sm still s natural blonde...
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    You're not serious, are you? You look very different. It takes time to get used to the new you. :)
  • BettyBoles
    BettyBoles Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    You look very different... Great job...
    There is a huge change but if you want to look skinny 50 lbs is not enough... Continue your weight-loss diet and routine, you are on the way...
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Because it's gradual, it's easy not to see your own weight loss sometimes. But dig out some old pictures.

Or for that matter, the next time to go for a walk, load yourself up with 50 extra pounds. And then wonder how you did that every time to walked.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    You look great. It takes a while to see the difference in yourself -- a common thing that other people deal with too.
  • thunder1982
    thunder1982 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Hello strong jawline and goodbye double chin.
  • Mark_76
    Mark_76 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    It's all mental mate, if you had of shown two separate photos, I wouldn't of picked they are the same person. Maybe see a therapist as you don't want those emotions affecting you on a daily basis. You look great, nice work!
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Physically losing the weight is actually the easy part of the whole process.
    The mind can sometimes take a long, long time to catch up.

I've gone from 157 lbs and a UK Size 14 to 121 lbs and a UK size 8. The measurements don't lie. HOWEVER - I still see the old me in the mirror sometimes. Realistically, it's all in my head - but I'm my own biggest critic so there are many occasions where I have to take some breaths and remind myself how far I've come.

You've done amazingly well. I assure you, there is a difference.
  • rosnigetsfit
    rosnigetsfit Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I can totally see the difference!! Keep it up, srsly.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    Are you kidding? Look how much more well defined your jawline is in the 2nd photo....way different!!!!
  • Clarewho
    Clarewho Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Massive difference in your face. The first photo there are the beginnings of a double chin, second pic chiselled jaw. It is hard to see it in yourself as it's gradual - that's why progress pictures are so useful :)