Would you let your baby sleep like this? please advise!

Options
Ilovepeppers
Ilovepeppers Posts: 396 Member
This might seem trivial BUT...

My baby is 9 months old. Every night its the same: put her down, she wakes up, rub her back, she goes to sleep, minutes later shes back up, rub her back, she goes to sleep, she wakes up... This lasts about an hour. Well, she finally fell asleep!

However now I'm worried about the position she's sleeping in.. Does this look ok? My husband says yeah, he goes in her room and shes in weirder positions sleeping and she'll move if uncomfortable. Buuutt, moms worry.

would you let your baby sleep like this? http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/252595_1922376773870_1075615569_2102858_7325330_n.jpg

Replies

• suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    yes, let sleeping babies lie
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    oh that is so cute... i'd let them sleep on their head if it meant i got some peace and quiet...

seriously, i would let her sleep, they'll move soon enough when they get uncomfortable and no doubt wake you up in the process
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    Let your beautiful yoga baby sleep.
  • Lollyvoddy
    Lollyvoddy Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Cute! I agree, let her sleep. I've had four babies and the positions they've slept in have astounded me, but they are all fully functional :)
  • lilac01
    lilac01 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Aww that's so cute!!! Just let her sleep the way she wants to.
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    yep, if shes uncomfortable, she'll move.
  • crazycat828
    Options
    I usually move my kids if they fall asleep in the car at a funny angle or look uncomfortable. Usually I make sure the room is really dark and do the roll over in one slow fell swoop going with their natural body reaction to stretch when lightly roused. I would move her if she was mine. Take it or leave it. :-)
  • juliemval
    juliemval Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My baby girl is 15 months and still sleeps like that sometimes... lol Usually if she's sitting and gets tired she sleeps like that :)
  • RaeN81
    RaeN81 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. She is old enough to move around in her sleep and she will be fine! Adorable pic :)
  • snookemz
    snookemz Posts: 82
    Options
    at 9 months old, a neurotypical and physically typical child is fully capable of moving their head to the side, pushing up, and changing positions. If she's neurotypical and physically typical then I'd leave her :) If she had any problems with muscle tone or mental capacity then I'd move her. That being said - your baby, your rules! If mommy isn't comfortable then mommy won't ever REST! You want to be able to rest through this night love, you might need to move your darling in order to feel ok.
  • Ilovepeppers
    Ilovepeppers Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for answering guys. The reassurances really helped. Call me neurotic but I worry about the smallest things!
  • iKchuuuu
    iKchuuuu Posts: 13
    Options
    I have to admit, i kinda laughed a little bit at this, mainly because it was so cute.
    Anyway, if she seems to be breathing okay, and not to be in any discomfort, then im sure she'll be okay. :)
  • Noctuary
    Noctuary Posts: 255
    Options
    I've fallen asleep in similar positions. Lol. Too cute.
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    LOL...yes...she looks comfortable...like she's back in the womb (aside from her leg sticking out)...As long as she doesnt have reflux or anything, I think it's perfectly fine! And the pic is SOOOOOOO cute! Bless her little heart :)
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I don't see how you can stop it. If that is the way she is placing herself there is nothing you can do. However it is probably why she is waking up. I don't know if I would continue running to rub her back. She needs to find a way to self sooth, it is a normal part of childhood development. If you keep running it will never stop. ( Mother of 4.) Only my opinion.
  • AngelsKisses75
    AngelsKisses75 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Let your beautiful yoga baby sleep.

:laugh: That is exactly what I Was thinking!
  • kfitz10103
    kfitz10103 Posts: 354
    Options
    I have a 9 month old and I would let her go, but I don't use a bumper. I am still so afraid of her suffocating even though she is 9 months and is normal developmentally. I have a thin mesh bumper that prevents her arms and legs from sticking out thru the rails of the crib, but is mesh so she wouldn't suffocate even if her face was tight up against it.
  • kalebsmama07
    kalebsmama07 Posts: 503
    Options
    looks like in fetal position