Need motivation friends! Just had baby, gained a lot!!!!

Options
So I was losing weight before I found out I got pregnant. I had to quit my job and was on bed rest for over 2 months! Husband not a big fan of cooking, so there was a lot of Fast Food. I gained 60lbs. I just had my baby 3 weeks ago. I've lost 21lbs now that he is out along with everything else that goes with pregnancy. But I am so devestated about my body that I'm ready to lose but need motivation friends or just people to talk to, who are trying to lose weight as well. I weigh 203.6 and am 5'5. My goal is 135. Very long way to go, please add me and let's do this!!

Replies

• Expatmommy79
    Expatmommy79 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. I had 3 bed rest pregnancies in 4 years. My youngest is 4 months, oldest turns 3 next month.

5-6 months of bed rest for me x3 babies. Add to that 3 c-sections, of which 1 was classical and I have 0 core strength.

I'm at 185 now (sw 195) and want to get to 130-140. I'm 5'2''

• jlc102980
    jlc102980 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I have similar stats and goals. I am going to send you both friend requests.
  • meghan_lovely
    meghan_lovely Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! Similar sutuation here -- was losing before I got pregnant, just had second baby 7 weeks ago via c-section and am so ready to get back on track. I was breastfeeding up until last week and that helped with calorie deficit but now that I've stopped I can already feel the lbs creeping back on!
  • mylukeyboy
    mylukeyboy Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm in a similar boat too. I had my baby three months ago and ended up gaining about 45 lbs. I wasn't on strict bedrest, but had some complications that required me to really restrict my activities quite a bit.

Recovery was rough too, but I had lots of help which was great, but that also meant lots of food. Anyway by Halloween I felt like my eating habits were still like i was eating for two!

So I finally started to get it together in November. I still have twenty pounds to lose and would love to keep accountable with others too. I just started tracking my food and going low carb. So far I've lost 5 lbs. I'd love to add in regular exercise, but it's a bit tricky to find time with two little ones.

Let's do this, ladies!
  • mlotom
    mlotom Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! Lets friend each other I'm in the same boat as you.
    I'm 5'4 and currently weight 176lbs
    I was loosing before getting pregnant as well and I was around 154 trying to get to 134, then i got pregnant and everything was alright I only gained about 20lbs, then the baby was born (4 months ago) and I was still loosing while breastfeeding I got to 160lbs, but there were many complications when the baby was only 2 months, he got really sick I had mastitis twice and I stopped breastfeeding. In the next two months I jumped to 180lbs, now I'm trying to lose them while balancing working half time, a 4 month old and a 2 yo running around. I had already lose 4lbs by dieting and doing zumba at least 4 times a week.

We can do it!

• larlardb8
    larlardb8 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. Had been losing weight when I got pregnant. Had a baby 3 months ago. Lost the baby weight quickly but then just stalled. I would like to get down to 135 and am currently 156.
    Just went back to work and it's been a little crazy with a 3 month old and a 2 year old at home.
    Feel free to add me! My diary is open as well
  • mylukeyboy
    mylukeyboy Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi larlardb8, sounds like our situations are very similar. I had my 2nd in early August and have an almost 3 year old too. I also started on MFP at around the same weight as you and want to get back to 135 too. That would be my pre first pregnancy weight. Best of luck too!
  • cheryldowney86
    cheryldowney86 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Just had my baby girl 3 weeks ago, i gained 60 lbs with her! Ive lost 22 but looking to lose another 45-50. Starting weight was 225, im now 203 and want to be around 155-160 hopefully in 6 months, right in time for summer!
  • Kettle_Belle14
    Kettle_Belle14 Posts: 246 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I was in the same boat a little over a year ago. I was at my GW of 135 when I got pregnant and at 2 weeks pp was still the same as the day I went in to have my little nugget...188. It's taken over a year but I'm now below my initial GW of 135 (new GW of 125) I found that I lost MOST of my weight by 4 months pp, and this is without breastfeeding. I'll add you :)

Edit: I also had a C-section and recovery is tough. Give yourself time to heal before strenuous exercise. My favorite was always walking around the neighborhood with my baby.