not losing :(

Options
I have been faithfully weighing and measuring all my food sticking to the 1250 I am given per day. Three weeks and nothing lost not budging. I know I'm at that "age" 47 but very confused. Any help is greatly appreciated as I am new to this :)

Replies

• ultrahoon
    ultrahoon Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    3 weeks isn't quite long enough to declare it fully stalled. That said, if you change your diary settings so we can see it, we can give specific advice.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Three weeks isn't long enough to be concerned, but often when we don't lose weight it comes down to a logging issue. Would you consider opening your diary?
  • mousie1973
    mousie1973 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    what are your stats... Height, Current Weight, what is the goal set at? without those and without seeing your diary, it is hard to explore why you might not be losing?
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    I'm 46 and it takes me 5-6 weeks to start losing. If you're weighing everything and logging as accurately as you can, you may just have to wait it out. My weight loss caught up to where it should be according to my 0.5/week goal by end of the second month plus a bit more. Try hard not to be discouraged and be meticulous about your logging accuracy and you'll get there! :)
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    ultrahoon wrote: »
    3 weeks isn't quite long enough to declare it fully stalled. That said, if you change your diary settings so we can see it, we can give specific advice.
    Three weeks isn't long enough to be concerned, but often when we don't lose weight it comes down to a logging issue. Would you consider opening your diary?

In addition to agreeing with the above, I note that your profile says you only have 11 lbs or so to lose. Those last 10-11 lbs always seem to come off very slowly...just the nature of the beast.

Keep at it for a few more weeks, and you'll probably start to see some (slow) progress.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    ultrahoon wrote: »

@YZGirl you do that here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings - change Diary Sharing to Public.
  • Misspinklift
    Misspinklift Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing or measuring your food? Do eat when your hungry or if your full and have calories left over, do you still eat?
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    with 11 pounds to lose it will likely be a slow process. but i am sick to death of this age excuse. i lost 100 pounds at 47.
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    besaro wrote: »
    with 11 pounds to lose it will likely be a slow process. but i am sick to death of this age excuse. i lost 100 pounds at 47.

To be fair, we're told pretty relentlessly that losing weight gets harder the older you are. I don't know if it as an "excuse" as much as it is OP having heard it somewhere and believing it.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    then i guess its a good thing i dont believe everything i hear.
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    then i guess its a good thing i dont believe everything i hear.

It is a good thing. So much of what we hear about weight loss is absolute balderdash.
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options

To be fair, we're told pretty relentlessly that losing weight gets harder the older you are. I don't know if it as an "excuse" as much as it is OP having heard it somewhere and believing it.

Agreed. I cannot count the amount of times I've heard that as women age we gain weight no matter what we do, our metabolism turns to crap, etc. I was between 111 and 120 pounds for most of my early twenties, then I hit 139 by my 30th birthday. I'm still 30 and I started up here at the end of June at that same weight; now I'm 114.6 pounds and my current body blows my body in my twenties out of the water. I'm the fittest I have ever been and it didn't take starvation or extremes of any kind to get here.
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    synacious wrote: »

Agreed. I cannot count the amount of times I've heard that as women age we gain weight no matter what we do, our metabolism turns to crap, etc. I was between 111 and 120 pounds for most of my early twenties, then I hit 139 by my 30th birthday. I'm still 30 and I started up here at the end of June at that same weight; now I'm 114.6 pounds and my current body blows my body in my twenties out of the water. I'm the fittest I have ever been and it didn't take starvation or extremes of any kind to get here.

Same here -- I'm 36 and in the best shape of my life, no extremes, no starving. Just a calorie deficit and resistance training. We have people here who are older than me and look even better.
  • leooftheyear
    leooftheyear Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Aside from all the advise above, if you really truly only have 10-11lbs left to go, i'd suggest looking into a good Strength Training program, like New Rules of Lifting.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing or measuring your food? Do eat when your hungry or if your full and have calories left over, do you still eat?

Her first line was she has been faithfully weighing and measuring her food.
  • YZGirl
    YZGirl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    If I have calories left over I eat them. I'm not starving on the amount but I'm not full either.
  • umauma2011
    umauma2011 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    orwm3876mf07.jpg

this was very helpful, thanks . i recently had surgery and i am trying to exercise as much as i can , not much appetite but can not get my weight to go down it just keeps climbing . very stressful
  • YZGirl
    YZGirl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much ! I say the "age" thing because at my physical last week I mentioned this to my dr and she said it's my age and I'm not alone which did not make me feel very optimistic...lol. Your comments are all so helpful. I know it's only 10 lbs but I don't want it to go more. Seeing all your weight loss has inspired me ! Embarrasingly, I honestly have not had time to throw exercise in as we own a farm and im so stretched for time but not an acceptable excuse so after we close for Christmas I will me taking "me time". I will post again after we close. Thank you so much !!
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    I don't believe the "age" thing either. I am 46 and earlier this year I lost 45 lbs in about 5-6 months! Now, I gained some weight back - but it was all about the wine and abundance of high calorie food I was consuming without keeping track (i.e. not logging at ALL, and not weighing myself either, because hey, my clothes still "fit.") Had nothing to do with my age.