Aggressive weight gain journey w/ help of Apetamin 110lbs to 145lbs in 12 weeks

Options
shakiracramer
shakiracramer Posts: 3 Member
Hey Gainers and Gainnettes!

So I'm tired of being skinny! I've been skinny all of my life, and I'm so over it. I had two children and I'm still skinny. I started an aggressive weight gain schedule that will hopefully get me to my goal. Here are my stats: 5'8, 110lbs, early 30's. I started 9 days ago and have been tracking my food intake ever since with myfitnesspal. My daily goal is 3500 calories a day. So far with the help of Apetamin vitamins, an appetite stimulate, I continue to meet and sometimes exceed my daily goal without feeling like a puff ball. I also drink one protein shake (ON chocolate w/milk) which gives me 1600+ calories in one shot.

I haven't weighed myself since I started because, I just hate weighing myself. But I plan to weigh-in the Friday after Thanksgiving. Maybe I'll post an update later.

If you have any suggestions of high calorie meals, tricks that may help, questions about my journey or simply want to comment, please leave your feedback. I need all the motivation I can get.

Thanks!
Bony to Bodacious

110lbs to 145lbs, T-11 week

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    why are you trying to gain 34 pounds in 12 weeks?

I hope you are on a structured lifting regimen or the majority of your gains are going to be fat. Also, gaining three pounds a week does not sound safe or optimal, to me.
  • shakiracramer
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hi! @ndj1979
    I'm gaining 34lbs points in 12 weeks to meet a personal goal- the date is significant to me. I guess I should've been more specific about my entire journey. Yes, I have included strength training into the schedule. Any suggestions on exercises? FYI: I'm not afraid of a little fat either, I can afford it, trust me. Thanks for your feedback... Everything is helpful.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    34 pounds in 12 weeks is about 3 pounds of muscle and 31 pounds of fat. Women gain on average 1 pound of lean mass per month. During an absolutely perfect month of training and eating adequate of each macro you might gain a pound an a half of lean mass in a month, but that's rare.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    34 pounds in 12 weeks is about 3 pounds of muscle and 31 pounds of fat. Women gain on average 1 pound of lean mass per month. During an absolutely perfect month of training and eating adequate of each macro you might gain a pound an a half of lean mass in a month, but that's rare.

All this. As long as you dont mind gaining mostly fat, then no one will stop you but just stopping once you get used to that food quantity might be hard, not even to mention the adverse effects on blood work and health.

Personally, i would rather do it right the first time than just hit a number by a specific date and qorey more about health and wellness than a number on the scale.
  • infoshawnjohann274
    Options
    Besides the fact you don't mind getting extra fat, this solution doesn't seem so healthy. I see you get your deadline and are probably are very serious about it, but rushing your body and feed it with more food than it needs is not a solution.
    I suggest you to at least, if you really wanna do that diet, split your daily amount of calories each week
    Exp:
    Week one: 3500 cal a day
    Week two: 3000 cal a day
    Week 3 : 3500 cal a day
    Week 4 : 3000 cal a day
    And so on...

Since 3500 is more than you need to gain weight, your body will gain more fat than muscle mass (as you mentioned, you don't mind it). But at least, by splitting every week, I believe, you won't get your body used to it, you won't rush it down.

With the right amount of daily proteins and calories, you would see results in just 2 months.
  • shakiracramer
    Options
    Thanks @infoshawnjohann274 great advice!
  • asiyah1187
    asiyah1187 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, so I just got my apetamin n hope to wast train at the same time , do u have any high calorie recipes?