Protein Bar suggestions

Options
earlnabby
earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
I have loved Quest bars but the formula change has made them less palatable so I am looking for something new.

My criteria:
  • No more than 200 calories
  • At least 15g protein (20 is preferable)
  • No more than $1.90 per bar (the price I have been getting my Quest for)
  • Easily accessible (mail order is fine)

Suggestions?

Replies

• bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I loved Quest as well and have switched over to Combat Crunch bars.. personally don't care about price and buy them by the box so you can do your own search to see how much you can find them for
  • mumfy23
    mumfy23 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I like Pure Protein - you can find them at costco at a reasonable price, low sugar and depending on flavor 180-200 calories.
  • earlnabby
    edited December 2015
    Options

Already did and got no pertinent info, which is why I needed to ask.
  • chelsea7162
    chelsea7162 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I love Vega protein bars. I have problems with whey so I tried these out and they're my go to. Chocolate peanut butter is delicious, but there's other good flavours. I buy these in big boxes at a local drugstore on sale but on their own they may be pricey.
  • ahawkx
    ahawkx Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    The equivalent to a girl scout thin mint cookie - Balance bar in the mint flavor. The macros are perfect, they're usually on sale anywhere between $.79cents to at most $1.89 and the taste/texture is seriously comparable to the cookie we all know and love.
    Warning though, NONE of the other balance bars are any good, haha. I tried with high hopes..
  • ahawkx
    ahawkx Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    If you're looking more candy bar type, I also really enjoy Robert Irving's bar, I think it's called Fit Crunch? Just like candy bars. The smaller version of the huge bar they also sell I believe is under your calorie limit. I do think they're pricier though.
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I have recently had the Oh Yeah One Bars. Find them to be better than Quest. Less fiber in them.
  • foreverfitforeverstrong60
    Options
    I love AdvoBars! Gingerbread is my favorite...they come in a box of 12 with 11 grams of protein. The chocolate ones have 16 grams of protein, but are considered a meal bar. This brand is Advocare. If a retail customer it could be a bit more than some people want to spend. I signed up for a discount on my products so for me it's worth the 40% off.
    If I don't have any left Vega One is my go to at whole foods!!
    I struggle with not enough protein during my day, but it's a learning process for me everyday! Good luck :)
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Think Thin bars....the salted caramel protein and fiber bar is my favourite. 150 calories and 15 grams of fiber. I buy them at Trader Joe's or Fred Meyer and I think they are well under $2/bar....it's actually been a while since I've bought a box.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Fit Crunch!! Tastes like a Snickers and you can get them at Walgreens, Walmart or Costco. Used to be a Quest junkie, but they are expensive and after they changed the formulary I didn't care for them.
  • Fit4Penny
    Fit4Penny Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I used to eat the Quest bars as well and have switched over to Robert Irvine's Fit Crunch bars either the peanut butter or chocolate chip cookie dough YUM!
  • janjunie
    Options
    Fit4Penny wrote: »
    I used to eat the Quest bars as well and have switched over to Robert Irvine's Fit Crunch bars either the peanut butter or chocolate chip cookie dough YUM!

Aside from buying them online, the only ones I can find in store are the 380 calorie ones. Anyone know where they sell the 190 calorie snack size?
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    I used to eat 3-5 quest bars a day but now had to find a replacement because they are gross. I have been liking pure fusion bars as the ingredients are super similar and they taste the same. I have also been LOVING B-UP bars which are fantastic (although not as good as quest old formula).
  • earlnabby
    Options
    Thanks for all your input. Pure Protein fits my criteria best so I will try those first.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I eat Quest bars a lot. They fill me up for a few hours at least.
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I used to eat 3-5 quest bars a day but now had to find a replacement because they are gross. I have been liking pure fusion bars as the ingredients are super similar and they taste the same. I have also been LOVING B-UP bars which are fantastic (although not as good as quest old formula).

3-5 a DAY?! sounds a bit excessive..
  • janjunie
    Options
    janjunie wrote: »
    Fit4Penny wrote: »

Aside from buying them online, the only ones I can find in store are the 380 calorie ones. Anyone know where they sell the 190 calorie snack size?

At my local grocery store they sell the smaller size. Personally, I am a fan of BUP bars and the new Mission1 bars :)

Which grocery store is that?