Controlling your cravings

Options
Ok. I'm doing good on my diet. Sticking to my prepped meals. 1 cheat meal a week. But I'm having a hard time when someone caters lunch and it's something I definitely CANNOT have. Or, if someone has pizza or fried chicken, i have a hard time controlling myself. I do, but jeez it's tough. Any suggestions to calm down the cravings?

Replies

• Oflamez
    Oflamez Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    the more often you do it the more you can resist

just feel proud you can do it in front of those people and wait till they eat it all up so none is left for you, if there is some left get it out the way asap

think of your gains - muscle, and your loss - fat

look in the mirror and be like if I ate that pizza I'd be chubby now
  • PhoenyxRose
    PhoenyxRose Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    You could also just incorporate the calories in if you really want it, just put in half a serving or so that way you can have a taste without too many calories or if that'll trigger a binge for you, eat before hand so you'll be full and stay away from where the food is at and focus on talking and interacting with people if it's a party or something
  • Oflamez
    Options
    my binge trigger is immediate I'm a recovering chocoholic sugar junkie fiend

• Oflamez
    Options
    luckily it's only a light high and not too adictive
  • tobefreeforever
    tobefreeforever Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    If you care enough to try something funny and crazy, research Emotional Freedom Techniques, or 'tapping'. It's very simple and works wonders.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    Ok. I'm doing good on my diet. Sticking to my prepped meals. 1 cheat meal a week. But I'm having a hard time when someone caters lunch and it's something I definitely CANNOT have. Or, if someone has pizza or fried chicken, i have a hard time controlling myself. I do, but jeez it's tough. Any suggestions to calm down the cravings?

I exercise more on pizza days, have under 500 calories of pizza, and eat a large salad with it. All the chewing of the salad makes me feel like I'm eating more pizza than I actually am. My fiance does the same with fried chicken.

Do these catered lunches include vegetables?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I don't see why you can't have a slice of pizza or a chicken wing.
  • alyssagb1
    alyssagb1 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

My thoughts exactly. Moderation; you're not going to get chubby or fat from a slice of pizza, let alone a chicken wing.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I just eat pizza and fried chicken every once in awhile. If you try and categorize food that, let's be honest are delicious, as bad then it is most likely won't end well. Heck yesterday I ate 3white fudge covered Oreo's and I will probably eat one at some point today. They are delicious and I refuse to give them up.
  • alyssagb1
    Options
    I just eat pizza and fried chicken every once in awhile. If you try and categorize food that, let's be honest are delicious, as bad then it is most likely won't end well. Heck yesterday I ate 3white fudge covered Oreo's and I will probably eat one at some point today. They are delicious and I refuse to give them up.
    Fudge covered oreos are the best. Love them!
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options

The only thing that annoys me are when I find out about these on the day of, and I have to adjust my existing plan.

I usually partake in moderation. There's nothing I "definitely cannot have", as long as I eat in proper portions.
  • umayster
    umayster Posts: 651 Member
    Options

Pre-eat. I make sure to go into any challenging food situation with an ounce of nuts in my belly or some other dense protein/fat food to keep the gremlins happy while I make the best food decisions I can.
  • umayster
    umayster Posts: 651 Member
    Options

Are you undermining? OP has a plan, can you just help with it?
  • alyssagb1
    Options
    umayster wrote: »

Are you undermining? OP has a plan, can you just help with it?

Questioning isn't necessarily undermining.
  • YeaYeaPueblo
    YeaYeaPueblo Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I drink a tall glass of ice water when I'm hit with bad cravings. The fullness usually helps trick my mind into thinking I'm not desperate for pizza or cookies or whatever is tempting me. I also quantify tempting foods as miles to run. One slice of pizza? That's an extra two miles on the treadmill. It works, most of the time!
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    We make chicken wings (broiled) and pizza with pita or tortilla crust pretty often and I can have a 300 calorie meal no problem. Even tonight I had two chicken wings.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    alyssagb1 wrote: »
    Fudge covered oreos are the best. Love them!

They are literally the best thing on the planet!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    The more you can dismiss that as not fitting in with your plan, the more the habit will develop. Eventually, it will not be interesting to you at all. :)
    Pre-plan and log your food for the day. Eat according to the plan you set for yourself.