zumba class....

Options
hello! i'm going to my first zumba class tonight. have no idea what to expect. i have no coordination and am really unfit. scared!!!

BUT what i wanted to know is how many calories i will burn. its a 45 min class. have looked on the calculator thingie but its not on there.

many thanks.

Replies

• Vkoons3
    Vkoons3 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    When I went I logged it under aerobics/dance twist. It is fun and I too am very unfit and uncoordinated. You will enjoy it but it will kick your butt!
  • nesstaylor
    Options
    Hey there!

I go to zumba twice a week and have done for a couple of months! It is great fun and hard work, log it under the extreme aerobics! I actually set up my own exercise!
    Just remember with zumba to keep smiling and you will love it!
    ps i still go the wrong way or do the wrong thing but it doesnt matter i still love it!!
    Let me know how you go.
    x
  • mrstheonion
    Options
    great. thanks! am even more scared now!! lol

its a new class, so should be good fun.
  • lemonychick
    lemonychick Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm SOOO jealous! I wanna go!
  • kaylemartin
    kaylemartin Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I'm totally uncoordinated but still love it! Just keep moving!
  • jude666
    jude666 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    hello! i'm going to my first zumba class tonight. have no idea what to expect. i have no coordination and am really unfit. scared!!!

BUT what i wanted to know is how many calories i will burn. its a 45 min class. have looked on the calculator thingie but its not on there.

many thanks.

Hi there, i started a couple of weeks ago and absolute love it already! I wore my HRM at Saturdays class and it said I had burnt 542 calories - the class was an hour but if you take into account all the short breaks and the warm up and cool down, its approximately 45-50 mins x ENJOY!! x
  • ybelen
    ybelen Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You will love it!
    I'm going to my summer Zumba class tonight too!
    It's so much fun and you will burn alots of calories.
    Don't worry about not knowing how to dance or the latin words, just dance and have fun
  • jalapenos
    jalapenos Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Just remember to have fun! The music will move you!
  • Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    great. thanks! am even more scared now!! lol

its a new class, so should be good fun.

Oh don't be scared!! It's SO much fun- my favorite form of exercise! Definitely stay hydrated- if you love to dance, you won't even realize how hard you're working until the end of class. And it's a lot of moves that are good for working your muscles (especially your core!) as for the moves- it's way more about keeping it going and keeping your heart rate up than it is about the actual moves- lots of people in my class prefer to add their own "flavor" and do a modified version. Hope you love it as much as I do!!
  • niknak0508
    niknak0508 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I too just took my first Zumba this past Saturday and am going again tomorrow night! I loved it and believe me I am not a dancer and have no coordination. Sometimes I find myself spinning in the opposite direction then others or even moving the wrong direction... when they say left I go right! LOL. Too funny... but super fun and definitely kicks your butt!
  • ExerciseJunkie
    ExerciseJunkie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Don't be like me & wait forever! I thought Zumba would not be for me as I am not a dancer in any way, shape or form! I finally took my 1st class this past January & can't believe what I've been missing! It is so fun & not that hard to pick up. Just have fun & be patient. It may take a few weeks before you've got the steps down pat. I've never had so much fun working out & try to go 2-3x/week. Have fun!