"Yahoo's The Truth About Calories" - MUST READ

Options
2»

Replies

• glampixxie
    glampixxie Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I agree with parts, and disagree with others. Calories in vs calories out is true, but obviously not all calories are created equal because we need veggies, fruit, meat, etc.. I think it would be pretty dumb to think if you eat 1200 calories in junk all day you are gonna be healthy..that's ridiculous. So basically this info is pretty obvious. I just don't agree with the part about cals in vs out is a lie. Go to the general forum here and read the newbie thread's links. They are more informative in my opinion..
  • emeraldpearl
    emeraldpearl Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    what does bump mean?
  • Nini_Soto_
    Nini_Soto_ Posts: 27
    Options
    Bump
  • nacs246
    nacs246 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    IMP I agree with the article. Lots of very good points and most of it makes sense to me. Thanks for posting
  • GrowOrDie
    GrowOrDie Posts: 42
    Options
    HAAAA!!! Finally!!!! They are GETTING it!!!! Everyone on here needs to read this! Lets get rid of "100 calorie" pack obesity!
  • tssa
    tssa Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    HAAAA!!! Finally!!!! They are GETTING it!!!! Everyone on here needs to read this! Lets get rid of "100 calorie" pack obesity!

I hear ya. I'm a big girl (on a weight loss mission) and know not to even consider buying those "100 calories" packs EVER. They are a big hoax. Most of these "100 calorie" packs are processed food which isn't good for you any way. My nutritionist said just to make my own low calorie snacks and tha'ts what I do. Yea, it's extra work, but at least I know how many calories are in my own damn snack. LOL Besides, a "100 calorie" pack of gold fish is certainly not as filling AND healthy as a snack of veggies with a dollup of veggie dip.
  • melissapoulin
    Options
    what does bump mean?

bumping is just to add it to your list of threads that you have replied to so that you can go back and read or re-read the thread again later without having to search for it
  • BaliRun
    BaliRun Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this!!!! my believes are the same and i find it hard to believe that many still believe that "all calories are equal" whether it come from cake or vegetables! thanks again for sharing :happy:
  • jlsmiles22
    jlsmiles22 Posts: 10
    Options
    It's certainly more work to track everything and not just calories, but the results have made me a believer that simply counting calories is not enough.

Great article, thanks for sharing!
  • GlynisH
    GlynisH Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    thank you!!