Motivation

Options
Morning all,

I hope you had fab weekends. So, it's Monday and yet again I find myself 'starting over'. I just don't seem to be able to sort myself out lately or stick with anything.

After a great summer with really good progress and steady weight loss, I've had a shocking autumn and gained nearly everything I'd lost. I keep getting back on the horse only to fall off within a day or two. I'm getting sick of myself saying 'this time I'm sticking with it' - sounding like a broken record, only to fail yet again.

When I'm motivated, I'm fully committed, log every day (even the not so good days) and actually enjoy eating well and exercising, but when I'm not feeling it, I just can't be bothered to say no to myself, exercise any discipline whatsoever or get myself out the door to work out. I seem to veer between being super motivated and keen and just plain lazy. Wish I knew how to give myself a kick up the butt because it's mentally and emotionally exhausting - far more so than actually getting myself up to go to the gym or a class! Does any one else suffer from this and how do you combat it? as a sidenote, I've noticed that this seems to apply to all areas of my life, not just 'dieting'.

Any advice/tellings off greatly appreciated!

Replies

• livelaughloveandfit
    Options
    I have fallen off the wagon so many time I have lost track. I would have a few good days or even a good week then life got in the way and I would have a few bad days so on and so on. I joined a support group on facebook with a few girls who were doing with 21 day fix and they would post their sweaty workout pics etc and it would motivate me to work out because I wanted to post my sweaty work out pic too. I think its important to have a group or friends where you can share your accomplishments and failures. Now don't get me wrong I still have bad days and even bad weeks but I know I can do this and I have the support that I didn't have before. Now when I have a bad day I try to make the next day better even if it isn't a good day. Then usually within a couple of days I am back on track. To me it is all about balance. I believe in cheat meals and having a lazy day. 80/20 rule! I'm going to send you a friend request so we can keep each other motivated!