SOOO hungry

Options
I have recently increased my exercise by quite a bit...Im doing about 1 and a half -two hours a day and burning around 700 cals, Im loosing weight and feeling great but of an evening i am not just my normal.... feeling a bit peckish but VERY hungry usually after a good dinner I can feel myself starting to give in to all the foods Im trying to stay clear of. Any tips.....Thanks in anticipation

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Are you eating back the exercise calories? If you are then I would plan your day by having smaller meals, so you have some calories left for the evening then you can have something at night without going over. I eat six smaller meals and actually have the bulk of my calories at night. I am a night eater.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Hard to tell without you opening your food diary. Are you eating back all or most of your exercise calories? It's essential for the way MFP works.
  • cassmsta
    cassmsta Posts: 75
    Options
    Sometimes I think that I am starving but i'm really just thirsty,If you are exercising more than you are probably losing more fluids as well, Have you tried chugging some water?
  • mjpmark
    mjpmark Posts: 16
    Options
    When i increase my training and get the hunder pains set in, i just know that if my body cant take the extra from my stomach it has to eat the fat. Seems to work for me, and i then find the will power to blast through it. I think its all about how you mentally deal with it. Good work - keep going. No pain, no pain, no pain. or shoudl it be no food....
  • tracylynch2011
    Options
    Thanks for these thoughts..every bit helps, what do you mean by eating the exercise cals? Ive been trying to leave them un eaten to help get rid of more fat??
  • tracylynch2011
    Options
    Thanks I'll give it a try..harder in winter, you have done so well congrats!!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    You need to eat your exercise calories. The fitness pal already puts your calories low enough for you to lose weight if you are exercising on top of that you will be starving you body and it will not burn as many calories. They call it starvation mode. Look it up on the computer. It will explain it.
  • SandyEdge
    SandyEdge Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    You should be eating back your exercise calories...
    It is explained here.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo

I also do feel really hungry sometime too.
    I recently started a post about foods that make you feel full and that is located here
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/261889-help-please-low-cal-foods-that-make-you-feel-full