I need more exercise!

purplepollypops
purplepollypops Posts: 323 Member
edited September 28 in Fitness and Exercise
So I am currently sitting on my *kitten* behind a desk all day at work and have NEVER exercised before joining MFP. I try and walk at least 30 mins a day every day and I do advanced step and boxing on the Wii Fit which helped me lose my weight up until now but I feel like I need to do more but I'm stuck as to know what to do.

I don't belong to a gym, never have done and never will do! I cannot justify the cost and I also do not have time to go to one either after working for 10 hours a day. I like to get home as quickly as possible and exercise there.

I thought about getting an exercise bike but again the cost element came into it and also a lot of the ones that are within my price range have weight limits below my weight so that's another option that has pitfalls.

Does anyone have any low cost ideas that I could add to my current exercise programme that would also not take up too much time? I did get a dance workout programme for the Wii similar to Zumba but I can't keep up with it :smile:

Replies

• pattycakes726
    pattycakes726 Posts: 348 Member
    Have you looked on Craigs List for a stationary bike, or checking out your local Goodwill store? You might be able to pick one up cheap.
  • Dont suppose it is possible for you to cycle to work?
    :smile:
  • Sarah_uk
    Sarah_uk Posts: 209
    I found that the weight limit of stationary bikes isn't right.

My bike is supposed to take up to 100kg,but I was 142kg when I started and I'm still over 100kg and it doesn't have any problem with me :smile:

Stationary bikes are usually quite strong. Not sure why they put weight limits if they obviously haven't tested it.
  • purplepollypops
    purplepollypops Posts: 323 Member
    Dont suppose it is possible for you to cycle to work?
    :smile:

I would love to but it's a 12 mile round trip and would take me forever!
This discussion has been closed.