WINTER WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE -- yes, this is a continuation of our Fall Weight Loss Challenge

Options

Replies

• ChiaGnome
    ChiaGnome Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Getting motivated!

I'm a 5' 5" 27 year old female from Maryland.

Stats:
    SW: 220 lbs
    CW: 160 lbs
    GW: 145 (for this challenge)
    GW: 135 (ultimate)
  • shaneseb
    shaneseb Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Day 2
    SW-153
    CW-152.6
    GW-135
  • sairsyfairy
    sairsyfairy Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Loved the fall challenge, excited for the winter challenge.

I crushed my Fall challenge goal weight by 3.8lbs! Here is my stats and goals for this

Height: 5'9"

SW for Winter Challenge: 215.2lb
    GW for Winter Challenge: 197.2lbs
    Rate of loss: 1.5lbs per week.

Lets do this!
  • ashley785mfp
    ashley785mfp Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Here we go. Got to start being healthy and able to walk and breath at the same time lol
    F age 31
    SW233
    GW200
  • jayjay_90
    jayjay_90 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Enjoyed the fall challenge, so I'm back!

SW: 155.6
    GW: 145
  • thesnackmonster
    thesnackmonster Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    OK, I'm in

Female age 48
    5'4"
    SW 194 lbs
    GW Feb 28 178lbs

UGW 150
  • hillcrestbaby
    hillcrestbaby Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    dkingdom1 wrote: »
    Here goes:
    Female, 19yo, 5"4
    Initial SW (August 2015): 170

SW (11/30): 162.75, although my weight often fluctuates between 160-166!

GW (3/1): TBH, I expect this loss to be really slow, so my goal is to (consistently) be under the 160 barrier! (Aka floating in the 150s)

I'm starting to accept the fact that I just love food too much and I make too many mistakes (that I *just* don't want to fix right now). The goal for me is simple- to not gain a significant amount of weight.

Welcome!! You can do this!! Yay
  • lolo_bunny
    lolo_bunny Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm in. My first time doing this.
    SW Dec 1: 139
    GW Feb 28: 127
  • hillcrestbaby
    hillcrestbaby Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    WELCOME EVERYONE TO OUR 90 DAY WINTER WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE!!!

So glad you want to come along on this 90 day journey together! All of your goals seems great! And it's so refreshing to see some familiar people back from our Fall Weight Loss Challenge!

KEEP CHECKING BACK THROUGH THE WEEK TO STAY ACCOUNTABLE!

ENCOURAGING WORD...

JOURNAL JOURNAL JOURNAL!! It really helps me, (even though it can get a little time consuming), to keep logging in MFPal the foods I consume!

Here are 6 proven reasons why logging our food can help you reach your goal...

1) VISIBLE PROOF

Writing down even those little nibbles, can account for loads of calories! Seeing how many calories that handful of M&Ms, or that can of soda was will begin to visually sink into your brain, that we must make some changes! Lots of people eat healthily at mealtimes, but snack poorly in between. If you’re aiming to lose a pound or two a week, just a few extras during the day prevents you from seeing results on the scales. Writing down everything you eat demonstrates the cost of those ‘occasional’ nibbles…

2) TREAT YOURSELF

Logging your food intake can help you know if that little extra is an affordable calorie to eat. I am all about a treat here or there...we live in the real world people, and life happens, so keeping track of your food intake over the course of a day or a week gives you the freedom to enjoy a treat once in a while – guilt-free. If you know you’ve got calories to spare for the day, and no chocolate has passed your lips for six days, you can indulge yourself, but make it dark chocolate...its heart healthy!

3) TIMING

Logging you food helps to highlights patterns during your day where you can possible overeat. There is a bewitching hour for me and it's at 3:00pm! I know that around this time, if I just have a little nutritious snack to tie me over until dinner, I won't overeat later! Perhaps you binge late at night (another one of my issues), because you’ve been eating too little all day? Or perhaps you graze constantly? If you don’t keep a record of your food intake, you have no hope of remembering everything you eat … you may need to change your habits.

4) PORTION PORTION PORTION

Those of us who’ve been dieting or maintaining for a long time often get used to “eyeballing” portions rather than weighing everything out. But if your weight loss has plateaued, or if those pounds are edging back on, keeping up on your journal may make you realize you may need to weigh your foods. That tablespoon of peanut butter might be bigger than you think…

5) SEE THE CHANGE

It can be motivational to look back on your daily journaling from a few months or even years ago and see how your nutritional choices have changed. Perhaps you’ve curbed your chocolate habit, or maybe you now eat proper meals instead of junk-food snacks. And if you’re having a bad day, flicking back to a “perfect” week in your diary is encouraging: if you did it once, you can do it again!

6) MOTIVATIONAL SELF CONTROL

Knowing you have to write down everything you eat makes you think twice about that mocha latte with extra syrup and extra whip, or that second glass of wine! Even if you’re the only person who’ll see your diary, recording your food intake is a very easy way to improve your self-control. Make it a motivational day when you log healthy and believe that YOU ARE HEALTHY!

• jessicarobinson00
    jessicarobinson00 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I am going to try harder at this WINTER challenge...than I did at the FALL challenge.

Height: 5' 4"
    Starting Weight: 174 (March 2014)
    Current Weight: 134.5
    Goal Weight by 12/31/15: 132
    Goal Weight by 2/29/16: 128

*Things I'm going to implement this time around: TRY. ;)
  • sadiepie05
    sadiepie05 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! This is my first challenge. I'm hoping it helps keep me motivated.

I'm 28
    5'8
    Sw: 167.6...as of 12/1
    Feb 28 Gw: 155
    UGW: 140ish

I think this is going to be fun! Good luck everyone!!
  • yomy110
    yomy110 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join the challenge!
    SW 199
    GW 185 (end of challenge)
    Final GW 152
  • marylovesnini
    marylovesnini Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I want to join the winter challenge
  • DonovanJM
    DonovanJM Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Just signed back in after a long hiatus. All my previous gains gone plus a few more pounds.

5'10"
    SW 285
    GW 260
  • Samantha21784
    Samantha21784 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I was doing great with the Fall challenge up until I went on vacation. Never got that extra weight off so I ultimately failed :( But, this is a new day and a new challenge. I am in! I've cancelled my gym membership as it was getting too costly so this will really be a challenge in every sense of the word.

SW (12-2-15): 144.4 lbs
    GW: 139 lbs
    I want to get out of the 140s!

Good luck to all!
  • jbaker436
    jbaker436 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I try and then don't stick with it and then repeat endlessly. Grrr. Hope to make a real, life-long change. Maybe, hopefully, this is THE time. Would love to have more friends on MFP for accountability and camaraderie. :smile:
    CW: 174
    GW: 130
    pretazgrl0wl.png
  • dalielahdawn
    dalielahdawn Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I already posted my "SW on 12/1 236
    GW on 2/28 212"
    Am just waiting for Tuesday to weigh in with progress, but I've been coming back and looking at everyone else's goals and info. So cool. :)
    Also wanted to say, add me! I'd love some challenge buddies on my friends list! XD
  • wideturn
    wideturn Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Female!
    Height: 5'4"
    SW: 132
    (Winter)GW: 125
  • annieb45
    annieb45 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I am back but will not be joing this challenge until next Tuesday. Too many things going on. Having a birthday Friday, Christmas pot luck on Saturday. Working a tournament on Saturday and Sunday. Will hook in on Monday and Weigh in on Tuesday. Thank you for continuing this challenge.
  • m1f1ynn
    m1f1ynn Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in.

Height: 5'3"
    SW: 154.4
    GW: 145