Is joining a gym worth it?

Options
Lately, I have been debating on joining a gym. I have lost 25 lbs in 2 months with no gymn, just walking and calorie counting. Would joining a gym be worth it, or should I continue with what I am doing?

Replies

• ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    That depends on your final goals. I joined a gym only because I got a great deal on a membership, but plan on leaving. It seems you may be able to utilize the gym for strength training (I go to their group classes to make the most of an hour long workout). It'll help with any toning you need to do :) But otherwise, there really is no need for it as it seems you're doing great on your own :)
  • Robyn1733
    Robyn1733 Posts: 58
    Options
    Most definately! here you will have access to machines that will tone up your body. I love working out at our Local YMCA.
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I think it all depends.

Are you doing strength training at home? Do you have access to dumb bells, or those elastic stretch things (Im of course forgetting the name at the moment), and other such things? I dont belong to a gym (anymore), but its because I put money into buying proper fitness supplies to keep at home so I didn't have to rely on the gym.
  • Karyn1120
    Karyn1120 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I've been using Wii Fit Plus at home....I get a good workout and can vary the routines so it doesn't get boring. So far so good!!