Shakes and smoothies

Options
I just bought a Neturibullet pro and I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to make any healthy shakes and smoothies?

Replies

• twentytwelve12
    twentytwelve12 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Interested to know also.
  • conquertheself
    conquertheself Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    YES! I often make some delicious smoothies. Here are a few good ones that can be varied :)

1. Green tea smoothie: 1 cup cold green tea (I boil water and add in the green tea bag and then put in the fridge to get it cold. In your blender, add in the green tea with a cup of your favorite frozen fruits or fresh fruits with Ice. For example, I use a cup of mixed frozen berries and then add in a tbsp of honey or maple syrup.

2. Fresh juiced apple smoothie: Blend in 1 cup of Apple juice with 1 cup of mixed frozen fruits such as peach, mango and strawberry and raspberry. (Best thing is that you can use any fruits you like, as long as you have apple juice as the liquid to blend, then add in berries or pineapple, baby spinach can be added in as well for more nutrition.

3. Protein PB shake: In the blender add in 3/4 cup of almond milk or cashew milk or regular milk, add in 1 tbsp natural peanut butter, 1 scoop of chocolate protein shake, carob or cocoa powder to make it extra chocolaty (optional) and also you can add in 1 frozen banana to thicken it up plus adds a great taste OR you can omit the banana and add in ice to thicken it. Blend all together until smooth and enjoy.

TIPS:Add in any other nutritional things such as flax seeds, hemp seeds, hemp protein etc..
    Or different nut butters, vanilla protein instead of chocolate, actual nuts, 1 scoop ice cream or frozen yogurt ..

CAUTION: The more you add stuff the higher the calories so make sure you measure everything.
  • tiffanyrwilliams14
    Options
    Thank you!!!!
  • Strivingforhealth12
    Options
    I experimented with various recipes. These are my favorites:

Strawberry/Kale Smoothie
    1 cup unsweetened Almond Milk
    1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
    1 Tbsp. Chia seeds
    1 Tbsp. ground flax seeds
    1 tsp. honey
    1/2 cup chopped Kale
    A couple of chunks of frozen Mango
    4-5 frozen Strawberries
    Contains 323 Cal/39 Carb/10 Fat/21 Protein

Chocolate Smoothie (not sweet)
    1 cup unsweetened Almond Milk
    1/4 block Silken Tofu
    3 Tbsp. cocoa powder
    2 Tbsp. plain Greek yogurt
    1 Tbsp. honey
    1-2 ice cubes
    Contains 206 Cal/33 Carb/8 Fat/15 Protein
  • rachelbrunelle395
    Options
    Thank you :)
  • HudsonHawes
    HudsonHawes Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a Nutribullet also (love it!) and my favorite way to use it is to fill up to the line they recommend with spinach or kale, add frozen tropical fruit mix (Costco has a good one), add a handful of cashews and a couple of dates, then fill to the "max" line with unsweetened almond milk.

Another trick I've found is that adding a frozen banana to almost any smoothie will sweeten and enhance the flavor. Good luck!
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    I have a Nutribullet also (love it!) and my favorite way to use it is to fill up to the line they recommend with spinach or kale, add frozen tropical fruit mix (Costco has a good one), add a handful of cashews and a couple of dates, then fill to the "max" line with unsweetened almond milk.

Another trick I've found is that adding a frozen banana to almost any smoothie will sweeten and enhance the flavor. Good luck!

Why does the banana have to be frozen? Won't a room temp banana work just as well?
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    This is not whole foods really but low fat and sugar. It is a seasonal flavor also nice and thick. Frozen Egg Nog.

soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2012/12/frozen-egg-nog.html
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    My go to breakfast every morning is 85g spinach, 350g unsweetened vanilla almond milk, a scoop and a half vanilla protein, 4tbs milled flax seed, and 24g coconut oil. You could reduce coconut oil and flax seed if you needed less calories I just use it to get more fats and fiber in.

Also how is it we can eat the same thing for breakfast every day but if I have to eat chicken and rice two days in the row I think about walking into traffic.
  • warriorscatsrule308
    Options
    pondee629 wrote: »

Why does the banana have to be frozen? Won't a room temp banana work just as well?

Frozen bananas help make it a little more thick and not as watery :)